Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all,

Pick either Saturday or Sunday so we can all ride and Jeff can see how his new Ducati works, instead of sitting in the shop. My clutch master cylinder went out last weekend, so I will be on the the other red bike.

What will it be, Saturday or Sunday?

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well fred I do need to break the bike in.

At work now I do have 179 miles on the odo so for. This italian motor is going to get some miles to polish the parts before I hammer it. Hope I get better service with this one. Being a demo the GT that is I think it got a beaten getting broke in. This multi is brand new 08. My dad got a new motor on his pontoon boat might out on it saturday don't know yet. The fast crowd I ride with might be riding sunday. Maybe tomorrow I can get a morning ride in don't know. I'll check back here later tonight to see what you guys come up with.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My 996 is crapping out.

My bike is acting up for the first time. It started running a little rough. Idleing low and a little backfiring when i let up off the throttle. I figured the plugs were a little fouled. Wrong, I put new plugs in and it became worse. it starts right up but within 10 seconds the rpms drop and then stops running. If i give it gas with the low idle it stalls. Any help on this would be great. I would rather fix it myself but if it too complicated it is going to motorrad.

Rob

Fred,
I am not sure if i can make it. If i cant get the duc running right. But, if i can, sunday would be better. That way i have a chance to figure out what is wrong and fix it. But, i may not be able to fix it myself.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ride....

Hey all,

Let's plan on Sunday morning, meet at 9 a.m., leave 9:30 a.m. from the Shell station, Lindbergh & I-44.

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
ride

Looks like 50% chance of rain in the morning. Rob disconnect the tps if it runs better like mine did the old GT. Might be your tps not giving signal to ecu. Mine was bad.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike acting up Rob, hope you get it sorted out soon.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bike is still not running

Hey guys, Bike is still not running. I think i found the problem. I believe it is the fuel pump relay fuse. one is solid the other rattles. I pulled it out and reinstalled it and the fuel pump sounded like a dieing cat. So, I am on the hunt for new relays. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Rob

Have a nice ride guys. Fred thanks for giving me some xtra time to try to get it going.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hope you guys had fun.

I spent the day helpling WFO put a attic fan, window,finishing closing in the ceiling. For dyno day at WFO next saturday.........................just in case being we are in august now I did not want to fry in the heat and breath exhaust. Come on out we are going to have a blast. MCRA will be selling food.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If your not doing anything else.

Why not come on by and hang out with some 2 wheel friends. Last one had quite a few people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts