Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
This all sounds good
I note that nobody who responded rides a 2013 MTS1200 and the mapping is obviously different given the change to twin spark head etc.
As the outlay is significant price wise, I have emailed Tuneboy sales and hopefully they will respond indicating that they have a suitable map.
Then I can go ahead and buy their product with confidence as at present there is nothing to indicate that they are able to provide the map and software I require either on their site or on this site (That I have been able to find).

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I've had both tunes, initially a Rexxer and then I went to Tuneboy for the added CC.

Two different bikes! Rexxer was better than std, but Tuneboy a lot smoother overall.

I've emailed Tuneboy with some minor issues and only ever had great response.

I'll admit I did not do the tuning as I had Tuneboy recommended dyno tuning shop tune on the dyno.

SilverFox , Ive got a rexxer flash also wout cruise. In order for me to install tuneboy , what are my steps . Do I just install over Rexxer or have to delete rexxer first . Trying to figure this thing out .before I purchase .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
245 Posts

·
245 Posts
Can you have more than one map in memory and switch between them? For example if you had two different exhuast baffles, one for track and one for street that you switch between fairly often.
I do not believe you can do this on the bike ECU. You should be able to make different maps on your computer using the trim program, store them on the computer and load them on the bike ECU when you want.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I do not believe you can do this on the bike ECU. You should be able to make different maps on your computer using the trim program, store them on the computer and load them on the bike ECU when you want.
I've done this. What he said. Takes all of 5 minutes.

·
All weather biker
965 Posts
This all sounds good
I note that nobody who responded rides a 2013 MTS1200 and the mapping is obviously different given the change to twin spark head etc.
As the outlay is significant price wise, I have emailed Tuneboy sales and hopefully they will respond indicating that they have a suitable map.
Then I can go ahead and buy their product with confidence as at present there is nothing to indicate that they are able to provide the map and software I require either on their site or on this site (That I have been able to find).
TB works beautifully on the 2013 (after some initial troubles with the CC which were fixed) with the latest V3 map + trim file. :)

·
AARP Reject
2,924 Posts
For the record, I just googled RexXer cruise control and couldn't find anything mentioning it except for a few forums (and notably this one). It seems they've withdrawn it from the market? Lacking any other evidence, I'd have to agree that is a fairly conclusive outcome to the event.

Unless I'm wrong, they beat a hasty retreat!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Popping. Just a small note. The 'popping' issue on decel that many are referring to is highly unlikely to be 'fixed' with an 'off the shelf' map from anyone. CJS in the UK supplied my reflash for the Termi and were good enough to say, 'but it wont be perfect'. Now I have no idea how 'far away' that reflash was from the ECU supplied with the Termi...(in terms of, say. % difference in the 'cells'). What I can say was that I added a PCV...and had that dyno tuned...and ended up some 20% off in some in of the mid range cells from the 'off the shelf' CJS map. Regarding the popping...all I can say is that it is VERY critical...down to a few % points in the lower TP's/revs. BUT...with a lot of patience...I am almost pop free now. (Lap top travel in my top box..and I am still making 1 or 2 'point' changes).
So....for those still considering an off the shelf map...or Tuneboy...it HAS to be Tuneboy. I have the PCV as TB was not available 18 months ago and I am very happy with it. BUT...as TB now seem to have their support sorted out...and there is so much info now on the forum ref TB, if I had my time again...I would say TB has to be the answer BUT...only if you have some idea what you are doing with regard to AFR's. ALSO most dyno operators have never seen TB...so they wont know how it works...and I am not really a big fan of 'auto-tune'. So (I would say) the hope that some people have that they can install TB....go for a ride...and it will all 'do it itself....is (I would say) slightly optimistic. BUT....you certainly do need a way of 'adjusting the mixture' (as we used to say) on this...and I guess any bike...but given the potential for getting it wrong, I can understand why Ducati MAY void your warranty on any engine issues if they know you have 'played' with the ECU...which is quite hard for them to know with TB...but very easy for them to know with PCV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TuneBoy is the way to go. It is the best of the best so far.
A few reasons why I chose TB.
1) It's not a piggyback system.
2) You don't need to take out the ECU and send it out, which also creates downtime.
3) And many Ducati Dealerships have the ECU remapped, either with Rexxer or TB. But as time goes on, more and more dealers recommend and use TuneBoy !
4) and last but not least, all the Ducati riders in this forum also use and recommend TuneBoy.

That's good enough for me. My buddies and I are using TB and we are more than happy with it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
TuneBoy is the way to go. It is the best of the best so far.
A few reasons why I chose TB.
1) It's not a piggyback system.
2) You don't need to take out the ECU and send it out, which also creates downtime.
3) And many Ducati Dealerships have the ECU remapped, either with Rexxer or TB. But as time goes on, more and more dealers recommend and use TuneBoy !
4) and last but not least, all the Ducati riders in this forum also use and recommend TuneBoy.

That's good enough for me. My buddies and I are using TB and we are more than happy with it.
Those are mostly good points.
However there is NO WAY you know with 100% certainty that "4) and last but not least, all the Ducati riders in this forum also use and recommend TuneBoy." I can pretty much gaurentee that one statment is not true.
The other thing to consider is whisk Duc you have because TuneBoy DOES NOT support all Duc's not even close.
Just saying you need to be more careful when you make a blanket statement like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are mostly good points.
However there is NO WAY you know with 100% certainty that "4) and last but not least, all the Ducati riders in this forum also use and recommend TuneBoy." I can pretty much gaurentee that one statment is not true.
The other thing to consider is whisk Duc you have because TuneBoy DOES NOT support all Duc's not even close.
Just saying you need to be more careful when you make a blanket statement like that.

My apologies, I didn't mean all. I meant those who does the remapping of the ECU prefers TuneBoy cause of all the options we have and we can constantly change the mapping, have cruise control, and what not...

We have the Multistradas and TB only have it available for a few of the models. Luckily they have it for this bike.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Much as I am happy with my PCV...I think TB will take over. Once they have improved their documentation, (which a number of people have complained about), and the customer service (which again has had several mentions)...and maybe if the next release get's rid of a few of the bugs...it's the way I'd go.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Tuneboy do not have much in the way of pre made maps for the 2013 model as per their email to me (below).
That said the auto tune setup does sound good, has anybody used it?

On 27/10/2013 9:22 PM, Peter xxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I am looking at buying a Mivv Small Oval slip on and de-cat for my 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200.
Do you have a pre-made map available with your software and cruise control option to suit this modification?

Regards
Peter

Subject: Re: 2013 DUCATI MULTISTRADA
Date: 29 October 2013 1:36:25 pm ACDT
To: Peter xxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.net.au>

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your enquiry.

At the moment we don't have any trim maps available for the 2013, only the maps based on the Termi maps. You will find these are far superior to what you are running at the moment, especially around 3000-4000 RPM.

With the use of the LC-1 wideband and O2 sensor kit you can make use of the auto-tune feature and create a custom maps yourself. There is no need to use a dyno; you can do this on the road.

Alternately, you can have a custom map made for your bike at your local dyno-tuner.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
I just got an e-mail from them and it is POSSIBLE that they will have a group buy coming up for this site...

Maybe in November...

·
Registered
49 Posts
For those of you that have the TB full kit with LC1 sensors...on a 2013 if it matters, Do you leave it (them) installed all the time or just when you want to get readings. I'm considering buying 2, but if it is used just for readings and pulled out after fuel corrections are made, one should be enough and an extra $200 need not be spent. But if the ECU or TB software uses the input from them constantly, I would like to have 2.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Tuneboy do not have much in the way of pre made maps for the 2013 model as per their email to me (below).
That said the auto tune setup does sound good, has anybody used it?
Peter, I have not used the "autotune" function in TB, but have data logged with it and then used it's automatic calculations to built maps...It's a little fiddly getting everything to communicate right, but one I sorted out my computer inadequecies it works quite well in my experience. It really is fairly simple to do everything. the most dificult part is getting the laptop to comunicate and not drop the log file. There is a thread specific to tuning with the TB http://www.ducati.ms/forums/216-2010-current-2nd-generation-watercooled/212689-tuning-mts1200-tuneboy-program.html ...Also some of the other forums like streetfighter have some good tuning info with the TB.

For those of you that have the TB full kit with LC1 sensors...on a 2013 if it matters, Do you leave it (them) installed all the time or just when you want to get readings. I'm considering buying 2, but if it is used just for readings and pulled out after fuel corrections are made, one should be enough and an extra $200 need not be spent. But if the ECU or TB software uses the input from them constantly, I would like to have 2.

cwa11is .....You can leave the O2 sensors in, but the system is not using them unless your logging. I leave mine in now, because I am constantly making changes to the bike and it's just easier because I log often. Eventually I will pull them out....I would not recccommend buying a second O2sensor anyway, because you will most likely take it out....and the biggest reason is you may want to use the O2 sensor wires for some of the tuneboy accesories, like the Nudge buttons or Quickshifter.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts