Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Ducati newb, and this being the best handling bike I have ever been on. The 2010 848. I have been riding alot in the twisties up in the mountains. I have not been on the track yet but, I watch and read alot. I am not one to have a big ego and think Im some road warrior but am trying to get smoother and better with every ride. It seems the best way to maintain a fast smooth pace is to keep the bike pretty high up in the revs. Maybe because Im not used to it, I get afraid of over working the motor. Lets say riding alot of switchbacks and tight sweepers am I hurting the motor at all keeping it up around 6-8k or higher for several miles? I think I am being to cautious and don't want to be. Staying up in the power band for lack of a better term seems like the only way to keep it smooth in and out of the corners. Good throttle control and less brakes. I hate the feeling of over braking and having to downshift mid corner. Long story short, I want to be able to keep the revs up and not hurt the bike. Thats what they are made for right??? I hope this doesn't sound to newbish because I am progressing pretty well and really love to ride well, but don't want to hurt my baby. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
6-8K RPM is the lower end of the mid-range, just as the power is coming on. You are not going to hurt anything there. If you are constantly bouncing off the rev limiter in the local Starbucks parking lot, then you're being stupid. Sounds like you're riding it right to me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You are not hurting that motor at all! That motor wants to rev! I keep my R at 8-10000 on the track all day long and it doesn't miss a beat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts