1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
sad to see...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was at the auction, I got a good deal on some tires but couldn't stay for the whole thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the auction, for a while. It went on a long time. I did find a part I had ordered and was able to buy it, at a very good price. I wa also looking for an ignition key for my bike which had been at Rev but had no luck there. And, yes, there were some killer deals on tires. Some other stuff not so much.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They screwed me out of $500 before they went under - it was a parts deposit and they said it was on order (not to mention that they charged me for the first service ($750) when it was supposed to be free). DNA confirmed that the part was never ordered. Supposedly they are re-opening next year. If they do......

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
They screwed me out of $500 before they went under - it was a parts deposit and they said it was on order (not to mention that they charged me for the first service ($750) when it was supposed to be free). DNA confirmed that the part was never ordered. Supposedly they are re-opening next year. If they do......
Good thing you saved money making those air-ducts!

·
Registered
251 Posts
jdurward;Supposedly they are re-opening next year. If they do......[/QUOTE said:
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen..time to move on!

·
Registered
39 Posts
those guys were douchebags, anyways. sportcycle ftw
I had good luck with the parts department. I live three hours north of Edmonton, and they would take my M/C over the phone and ship me the parts.

Argyll will not take M/C over the phone, so if I need a part when I am in the middle of working on my bike, I'm SOL untill I drive to Edmonton to ORDER the part, to then have to wait for it to come in, get back into the city to pick it up...

You will be missed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll give Sportcycle a call next time, hopefully they will do over the phone or online billing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll give Sportcycle a call next time, hopefully they will do over the phone or online billing.
They don't do online but they might do over the phone, give them a call...ask for Josh he'll do everything he can to help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had bad luck with Sportcycle which resulted with me having a breakdown on my way back from Laguna Seca :mad: A real shame because I buy the whole vibe (family run, small store, etc) but at the end of the day I spent a lot of money to have my bike not fixed.

That left me having to go to Ducati Calgary. I really wanted to avoid anyone or anything related to HD but guess what, all the techs from Rev were there and they always did good work. So they figured out my problem, fixed a couple of things for free and no probs since.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess it comes down to a matter of preference and experience.

I was a Rev customer. I went to the new dealer when it opened. Day One. I needed a new spare key for my bike as my old key was at Rev when it folded. They ordered a new key for me and are going to call me when it comes in...that was several months ago...

I've gone to Sportcycle since. Like the vibe...

Hey. Never know. Maybe Ducati Calgary will call me about the key blank coming in this year. It's only barely February. :sleep:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess it comes down to a matter of preference and experience.

I was a Rev customer. I went to the new dealer when it opened. Day One. I needed a new spare key for my bike as my old key was at Rev when it folded. They ordered a new key for me and are going to call me when it comes in...that was several months ago...

I've gone to Sportcycle since. Like the vibe...

Hey. Never know. Maybe Ducati Calgary will call me about the key blank coming in this year. It's only barely February. :sleep:
If its the chip key you need (848/1098/1198 style)
I have a brand new blank if you are interested....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts