Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I both ride, and we ride modern multistradas. As most know, these are pretty tall, particularly with me I am just under 5-6" with a short inseam. My wife is the lucky one, she is about 5-9". So, she bought a pair of the M-stars hoping to get more foot on the ground. As it happens we have the same boot size. So, I used them this weekend and all I can say is that they are the best quality boot I have ever worn in my 37 years of riding. Very comfortable and yes, they do help in getting more foot on the ground. I still have to one-side the multis, however, it is almost possible for me now to get possibly two toes down. If I ride our '14 with the stock seat, I can not get my normal boots under the kickstand to get it down, I can now do this with these boots. This is a big improvement. You do have to move the shifter up substantially to get under it, so, if I wear my road racing boots, its going to suck.

Just saying if you are on the fence about these boots try them. Damn comfortable, obvious super high quality.

We got this pair at Helemot here in Cali, tried ordering them direct from Germany, forget the vendor but they were out of the size we wanted. By the way, they are looser per size than the Sidi's I have worn in the past. For instance, if you wear a 42 go for the 41's. If not you will have a loose boot.

Cheers.

mark

Reactions: scott

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
I've got about 5,000 miles on my Traveler GTX's and I can recommend them without a single reservation. When they were new the zippers were stiff and occasionally they'd be a bit of work to zip up... but now I've got the zipping order worked out (I'm right handed so I find it's easiest to unzip the right zipper on both boots all the way, and the left zipper halfway) and they've gotten enough hours on them to break them in fully.

Basically - in the last 2 months (amount of time I've had them) the break in has taken the boots from very good to outstanding. On our 3,500 mile trip we did 3 days of 8-10 hours of rain a day (including periods of torrential rain)... and my feet were completely dry (all my other wet weather gear failed to some extent).

I'll wear these boots forever, and if they eventually rot off my feet I'll immediately buy another pair... and if I ever get into track-day's I'll be buying one of the Sport oriented Daytona's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts