Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen it somewhere but doing a search I can't find it. Does anyone know who makes a "reverse" shifter that eliminates all the stock linkage? I'm not talking about doing a GP pattern, this is the standard pattern but puts the shifter in a "reverse" type position to eliminate the stock linkage. I thought I saw somethng about one on this forum a while back but can't find it now.

I rode a bike a few weeks ago and I liked how positive the shifts felt. I thought it was just the bike or rearsets. Well I rode the same bike again but with the stock set up and it was a noticable difference. The guy bought the bike with the rear sets and he sold them since and put the stock parts back on so I don't know the manufacturer and it wasn't a Hyper anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Any dirtbike shifter should go in the shaft... it would just be a matter of finding something that is the right lenth and bend, or something close enough to work.
Would a set up like that result in gp shift pattern?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you're right, any type shifter might work I didn't think of that. I'll have to research it. Thanx.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
am curious as to how you will install a direct mount shift lever on the hypermotard, that will NOT be a GP shift pattern (1st up, 2dn - 6th down).

if the shift lever is positioned backwards, so a person with normal sized boots can activate the lever with their boot on the peg, this will provide a GP shift pattern.

to obtain a standard shift pattern, the shift lever would need to be positioned facing forward ... and unless the foot peg is moved forward as well, OR the rider has a boot size of perhaps 28 US or larger, i don't see how this will work.

i must be missing something (like perhaps my brain, to figure this out).

so ... am curious as to how this all will work out.

ciao a presto,
johnc

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnc,

After reading your post I went and looked and I realized you are right. I asked my buddy how his rear sets were set up and he couldn't tell me. I must have misunderstood something because you are right it would be a GP pattern. Sorry about that, brain fart I guess.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
ciao crabman -

no worries ... i have more than my fair share of brainfarts (on a daily basis) :rolleyes:

i just could not envision how this would be possible ... but was hoping i was wrong, because this would be a very cool modification that would tighten up the shifts and perhaps reduce chances of false neutrals.

ciao,
johnc

Johnc,

After reading your post I went and looked and I realized you are right. I asked my buddy how his rear sets were set up and he couldn't tell me. I must have misunderstood something because you are right it would be a GP pattern. Sorry about that, brain fart I guess.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i would imagine any decent rear set will make the shifting better over the stock floppy lever. my woodcrafts are spot on using standard linking method, there is just less play in the whole thing

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the input guys. Forward controls would give me more ground clearance... just kidding!!

I will look at some rear sets.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I am using the adjustable peg assembly from Shift-tech, that ended all my peg, shifter and brake pedal issues.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just get a set of these. they have a wide range of adjustment options. if you're draggin' these babies, you've already crashed and just don't know it yet. and as an added bonus, you can get rid of those unsightly and heavy frame saver slider bobbin looking dealies and have some serious chrome bling on your ride. if you do happen to crash, just hang on. these are specially designed to protect the entire bike and have enough room for your leather clad leg and boot to remain on the peg...in tact.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
How about a good ole' suicide hand shifter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts