Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone reverse bled their brakes and had a subsequent problem w/ ABS?

Some BMW owners have reported problems w/ the ABS units seals getting damaged by reverse bleeding. Just wondering if this could apply to our ABS units as well.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts
I used an EZ bleed to reverse bleed the brakes and clutch and had no troubles.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
reverse bled last year sometime, and my useless rear brake has miraculously become useful. So no, I havent experienced any problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...good to know that I'm good to go.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No problem here

I did the reverse bleed on my rear (brake) a few thousand miles ago, it made as much or more of a difference than the upgrade kit. I can actually slow / stop the bike with it now.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I was talking about that with my dealer that is also the tech there and he was saying something about doing it really slowly, apparently by doing the reverse bleed you can very easily blow the seal in the master so if anything doing it slow should help

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts
I was talking about that with my dealer that is also the tech there and he was saying something about doing it really slowly, apparently by doing the reverse bleed you can very easily blow the seal in the master so if anything doing it slow should help
I always bleed brakes/clutches slowly...:)

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good reminder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts