Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will use this instead :wink2:

picked it up a few weeks ago, made a few small cosmetic changes, and that's it for now.

for the price, hard to beat the value and overall rideability. demo'd the usual suspects in the 'naked' category (s1000r, tuono, super duke, fz09, fz1, etc), and the zuki surpised me by checking the most boxes. a bit snatchy on the throttle but besides that it's a bitchin bike, and again, amazing value. however, i chose it over the more expensive competitors not for price but for it's chassis and build. say what you want, but the japanese do know their bikes and motors. this bike has the k5 gixxer motor, and it screams lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It's nice but I don't understand why you bought a new bike for track duty. That specific bike is not really meant for the track to begin with. It would have been much cheaper to get a already track prepped K6-K7 gsxr 600-1000 for half the price. If you meant you're selling the multi altogether than I'd understand since you want something that is better on the street than on the track.

Reactions: Pelly182

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't race and prefer naked bikes at the track, i do about 15-20 track days per year and live in southern california so there are an infinite amount of twisty and technical roads near where i live. this bike fits the bill for track days and canyon rides without the need for a dedicated track bike. the zuki replaces a heavily modded honda cb1000r that was my track and canyon bike for 3 years. photos below. the multistrada will be a canyon bike as well but also my touring ride for anything longer than a day and of course just riding around town, and it'll make its way to the track a few times just for fun! track photos below of the multi as well.

It's nice but I don't understand why you bought a new bike for track duty. That specific bike is not really meant for the track to begin with. It would have been much cheaper to get a already track prepped K6-K7 gsxr 600-1000 for half the price. If you meant you're selling the multi altogether than I'd understand since you want something that is better on the street than on the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice bike! I was very tempted by the GSX-S1000 before I bought my Multistrada. Still have my GSX-R750, though I'll be tempted to sell it when spring rolls around. If there's anyone that makes a better chassis that Suzuki, I haven't found them yet...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I was in the same predicament to rebold, i had done a few track days on the multi, then a few 6000 plus K trips 2up. so i thort it was unfair to thrash the multi around a track, then expect it to be reliable to tour on, so i brought a 1290 SD, and recently brought a preped up 640 SM. both great fun on the track, i take the 640 out in the mid group, then the 1290 out in the fast group, and no one notices me being sneaky with 2 different bikes getting in extra sessions. (well not yet)

Reactions: rebobd

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
love it davenz, the 'duke came in second in my sweepstakes. i was just as shocked as my riding buddies when i opted for the zuki save for a good friend who's a journalist and loves the bike from his review. in the end, the price difference, my love for the japanese litre bikes, and the general "composure" of the zuki won out. that and despite more leg room on the 'duke the zuki was incredibly comfortable for a tall guy. not sure how they did that. enjoy the bikes!

I was in the same predicament to rebold, i had done a few track days on the multi, then a few 6000 plus K trips 2up. so i thort it was unfair to thrash the multi around a track, then expect it to be reliable to tour on, so i brought a 1290 SD, and recently brought a preped up 640 SM. both great fun on the track, i take the 640 out in the mid group, then the 1290 out in the fast group, and no one notices me being sneaky with 2 different bikes getting in extra sessions. (well not yet)

·
Registered
843 Posts
The 1290 is just so much fun on the track, the torque in tall gears out of the tighter corners is just fantastic, and riding it on the edge of grip with TC turned off is a skill in its self, but with TC on it makes the bike almost fool proof............................................................................................................almost.

·
Registered
665 Posts

picked it up a few weeks ago, made a few small cosmetic changes, and that's it for now.

for the price, hard to beat the value and overall rideability. demo'd the usual suspects in the 'naked' category (s1000r, tuono, super duke, fz09, fz1, etc), and the zuki surpised me by checking the most boxes. a bit snatchy on the throttle but besides that it's a bitchin bike, and again, amazing value. however, i chose it over the more expensive competitors not for price but for it's chassis and build. say what you want, but the japanese do know their bikes and motors. this bike has the k5 gixxer motor, and it screams lol.

Nice color scheme

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
photos or it didn't happen davenz!!

The 1290 is just so much fun on the track, the torque in tall gears out of the tighter corners is just fantastic, and riding it on the edge of grip with TC turned off is a skill in its self, but with TC on it makes the bike almost fool proof............................................................................................................almost.

·
Registered
843 Posts
photos or it didn't happen davenz!!
My wife took photos, but I've just brought a new apple laptop, and don't know how to resize so i can post them, on my old laptop, my son loaded this resize thing, but it was for windows, i need my son to visit from Auzzie so he can put me on the right track again. I'm to old to learn new tricks.:frown2:

·
Registered
348 Posts
My wife took photos, but I've just brought a new apple laptop, and don't know how to resize so i can post them, on my old laptop, my son loaded this resize thing, but it was for windows, i need my son to visit from Auzzie so he can put me on the right track again. I'm to old to learn new tricks.:frown2:
You can resize photos using Apple's Preview app, which comes with the operating system. Use the 'Adjust Size...' option in the 'Tools' menu. If you don't want to resize the original photo, use the 'Duplicate' option in the 'File' menu before you change the size.

·
Registered
843 Posts
You can resize photos using Apple's Preview app, which comes with the operating system. Use the 'Adjust Size...' option in the 'Tools' menu. If you don't want to resize the original photo, use the 'Duplicate' option in the 'File' menu before you change the size.
Thanx fubar, I've tried through the apple Preview built in app, I'm just have to keep trying, i managed to resize a few, and they stored somewhere, I'm just useless on computors, but i brought an expensive one (Retina Mac Pro thing) hoping it would be a piece of piss. ill keep trying, I'm also susing out how to resize photos on my iPhone by mailing them to myself, i will see how that goes. Cheers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just replaced my '10 Macbook Pro with a new one. Tried Fubar929's method, works great, very easy and simple. Didn't realize Preview had so many editing features....

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts

say what you want, but the japanese do know their bikes and motors. this bike has the k5 gixxer motor, and it screams lol.
K5 - Regarded as the best Motor that company -manufactured ! Cheers!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanx fubar, I've tried through the apple Preview built in app, I'm just have to keep trying, i managed to resize a few, and they stored somewhere, I'm just useless on computors, but i brought an expensive one (Retina Mac Pro thing) hoping it would be a piece of piss. ill keep trying, I'm also susing out how to resize photos on my iPhone by mailing them to myself, i will see how that goes. Cheers.
Click on the downward pointing caret that's just to the right of the filename in the titlebar of the window. That will give you the option to rename the file or move it to a new location (ex: your Desktop). The entries at the top of the "Where" list will show you the current location of the file.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts