Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum. Thanks for feedback in advance.

Working on a 2000, 900 Cagiva Gran Canyon. Replacing fuel lines, gaskets, fuel pump, have a cracked belt cover, etc. bike has been sitting. Vendors / sources you all trust for engine and cagiva parts appreciated.

Cheers

JP

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
The engine is all Ducati so your normal sources. Ferracci did have new crate motors for the grand canyon but that was 10 years ago. Different cases from a SS or monster and monster/elefant small valve heads. Normal Duc stuff.

Chassis is going to be hard as I do not think many were sold so parts may be tough. Again Ferracci may have been the importer so hit them up if they have not dumped inventory yet.

Nice bike BTW, not as off road as an elefant and the beginnings of the multistrada. The Grand canyon was Terblanche's first attempt at a non-offroad but great bad road bike. I love test riding them with 1/2 the gas tank attached as it is like you are driving a cutaway model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ducvet. Appreciate the information, Have not ridden the bike yet, really looking forward to trying it out. Winters long In the Northeast... going through the bike; rubber, gaskets, fuel pump,cosmetics get it ready for Spring.

Any thoughts on a re-plating Vendor in the states? I ordered a couple SS kits that I will use on my other bike, but if I could find a replating vendor, would rather keep the stock bolts on the cagiva and there are a few structural bolts I would like to replate as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Yahoo link, sent along a request. Any thoughts on a plating vendor to replate bolts and bits ?
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts