Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
I'm wondering if there's a resource online for DIY maintenance - specifically for my 2006 Sport1000 - but maybe Ducati's in general would be great. I'm comfortable with a wrench and would wrench on my own cars (back in the day) but bikes make a bit more nervous and I don't have a ton of experience working on bikes.
Thanks for any help!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,616 Posts
There are tons of YouTube videos out there. They may not be your model specifically, but they'll apply. Just find stuff for the 2-valve motors. Also download the service manual from the tech section sticky. And if you don't already have it, purchase the service manual written by LT Snyder of Desmo Times. It's hands on experience from a seasoned Ducati mechanic and worth the money. There really are a lot of resources out there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are tons of YouTube videos out there. They may not be your model specifically, but they'll apply. Just find stuff for the 2-valve motors. Also download the service manual from the tech section sticky. And if you don't already have it, purchase the service manual written by LT Snyder of Desmo Times. It's hands on experience from a seasoned Ducati mechanic and worth the money. There really are a lot of resources out there.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Andy's motorcycle obsessions. He's got quality footage of him tearing down a 900ss. It's "mostly" the same engine as our SC so in terms of engine internals it'll educate for sure.

A wet clutch is a wet clutch...same for dry...

Brembos are brembos and not Ducati specific.

Also get the Haynes Manual!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts