Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a general question: can any motorcycle workshop set the TPS or does it have to be an establishment with Ducati specific software? I'd like to rebalance my throttles (which I have the tools to do) but the 'book' says that the TPS must be reset afterwards, but I don't have a Ducati workshop anywhere near me. There is a motorcycle workshop nearby, but if they can reset the TPS can I trust them?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Brad is on this Forum and regularly contributes, so if you have a specific question you could try to Private Message him.

·
Registered
482 Posts
A simple TPS reset can be done with one of the freeware programs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Here's a general question: can any motorcycle workshop set the TPS or does it have to be an establishment with Ducati specific software? I'd like to rebalance my throttles (which I have the tools to do) but the 'book' says that the TPS must be reset afterwards, but I don't have a Ducati workshop anywhere near me. There is a motorcycle workshop nearby, but if they can reset the TPS can I trust them?
If you have a laptop or android phone its easy to do yourself.

This tutorial explains how to do it. I bought the recommended Lonelec cable from the UK.

Using an Android phone you need to buy the appropriate Bluetooth sender and cable and download/install Scan m5x from google play

I take the bluetooth setup on long trips so I can use my phone to diagnose any minor faults that might crop up

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're asking something now - my phone is so old it is steam powered! I did try the Ducati Diag set-up a few year's ago but coulldn't get it to work and gave up in case I damaged the ECU. After downloading the software and plugging in the cable I couldn't get a connection with the bike's ECU.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You're asking something now - my phone is so old it is steam powered! I did try the Ducati Diag set-up a few year's ago but coulldn't get it to work and gave up in case I damaged the ECU. After downloading the software and plugging in the cable I couldn't get a connection with the bike's ECU.
Well the phone is one option. If that doesnt suit you can use a laptop computer with the Lonelec cable.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
Since your phone is powered by steam you will need to purchase this option from Ducati DP.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I've had a look at the tutorial - WTF does it all mean? I grew up in the days of magnetos and dynamos. I will do some research and see if I can get my head around it. Thanks all!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can do it also with GuzziDiag. I think its easier and faster.
JPDiag (ex DucatiDiag) dont want to connect everytime with ECU. Mainly because of cables . Use Lonelec.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
You can do it also with GuzziDiag. I think its easier and faster.
JPDiag (ex DucatiDiag) dont want to connect everytime with ECU. Mainly because of cables . Use Lonelec.
IAW Diag means you don't have to choose a Guzzi model.
Make sure you follow the FTDI device driver instructions.

Mainly because of cables . Use Lonelec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts