Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the oil service alert without the ducati service computer?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
You will be my hero if you find the magcal silver bullet! I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing it, but I'm still all bunged up over 170 euro oil changes!!! :mad: GGGRRRR!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
You will be my hero if you find the magcal silver bullet! I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing it, but I'm still all bunged up over 170 euro oil changes!!! :mad: GGGRRRR!!!!
So it's not just here in Australia where we get ripped off with a service then! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
If your ECU is supported, Ducatidiag will clear them. Just cleared mine the other day. Other than buying cables, it's free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
504 Posts
The ECU in MTS1200 isn't supported.
If your ECU is supported, Ducatidiag will clear them. Just cleared mine the other day. Other than buying cables, it's free.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
602 Posts
Details Please

Rexxer user unit will do this and more!
What Rexxer unit did you use to accomplish the oil reminder message reset?

How much did your unit cost?

Did it require any other equipment? Ie adaptive cables etc.

Perhaps the Q should be.....
Who here has actually reset the oil service light and what exactly is needed to accomplish this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
What Rexxer unit did you use to accomplish the oil reminder message reset?

How much did your unit cost?

Did it require any other equipment? Ie adaptive cables etc.

Perhaps the Q should be.....
Who here has actually reset the oil service light and what exactly is needed to accomplish this?
http://www.spareshack.com/products/31/RexXer-.php
This is the unit you need and there is a special cable for the mts1200. You just have to specify on check out and it isn't any extra.
I haven't actually reset my oil service light yet. I had the dealer do it the first time and I haven't had the next reminder come up yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
This is weird. I remember being able to reset the service due warning on my S4RS just by pressing buttons at the same time I switched the key on. I don't remember the sequence exactly, but I know it worked. No devices or computers required. Sad that we've devolved to the point we need a tech to turn off a light, or must buy a sophisticated tuning device just to turn the dang thing off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is weird. I remember being able to reset the service due warning on my S4RS just by pressing buttons at the same time I switched the key on. I don't remember the sequence exactly, but I know it worked. No devices or computers required. Sad that we've devolved to the point we need a tech to turn off a light, or must buy a sophisticated tuning device just to turn the dang thing off.
up down up down left right left right B A start

IIRC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats the words from my mécanic. You can change your oil. So wen you gona past by the shop just enter it in and i'll erase this warning. I don't want to see you before 20,000 km for your valves.:)

Have a nice summer Lucky boy. I love that GUY very cool.

And yes, i am serve well at Monette Sport Laval Qc.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Its up up down down left right left right b a start

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com App
Can anyone translate this into 1198? :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 7500 mile service was due and the local dealer said it would be two weeks left in the shop before they could do it. Would do appointments.

Sold the bike instead!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I left the bike at the dealer yesterday for my des error and he's going to reset the oil warning while it's there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
BTW, I took mine in at 7,200 miles for the 7,500 mile oil change. They did the oil change, but said they can't reset until after the 7,500 miles has passed.

·
245 Posts
BTW, I took mine in at 7,200 miles for the 7,500 mile oil change. They did the oil change, but said they can't reset until after the 7,500 miles has passed.
I'm having the same issue. I watched while the tech reset it several times without it working. The bike was about 600 miles short of 7500.

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts
Its up up down down left right left right b a
Excuse the noob question but what is "b a" in the above equation?

Thanks John

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
In the owners mannual it identifies the buttons by letters...However, not applicable to your bike. That was for the old generation Multistradas. The 1200s need to go to the dealer, use Tuneboy, or Wits App to reset.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Excuse the noob question but what is "b a" in the above equation?

Thanks John
Its a joke.
Refers to the old cheatcodes on 8-bit nintendo gameconsoles

1 - 20 of 53 Posts