Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mentally challenged?

17,000 Beanie Babies

Gravel parkway

Went fishing

New sod
Instead of being a smartass, why not try to ask a question?

Gather I was too simplistic for the poster to understand.

In the original post is this a good price for the bike?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Price isn't bad assuming its in great condition. However, if you aren't shopping for an S model you'll quickly realize that it isn't much more for an S and IMO you get much more for your money. If you are getting this be aide of locale then go for it.

I know when I was shipping for one I kept going back to the S because I know myself and would always want the ohlins, forged wheels, DTC, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
576 Posts
Price isn't bad assuming its in great condition. However, if you aren't shopping for an S model you'll quickly realize that it isn't much more for an S and IMO you get much more for your money. If you are getting this be aide of locale then go for it.

I know when I was shipping for one I kept going back to the S because I know myself and would always want the ohlins, forged wheels, DTC, etc.

Agree. Another 1K or 2 you will get yourself a nice S model. No rash my friend!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no rush, but availability is local. I don't need the Ohlins as I am not trracking it, and don't plan to go fast enough on the street to need it. I have been on the track and have 20 + years experience. Traction control.......maybe, but isn't that part of the ECU?

Another thing I'm looking at is insurance. What a PITA and expensive for an old fart so far, my Gixxer/Ninjas/Hondas were cheaper.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I'm selling my SFS 2010 with tons of mods+full termi, and most likely will only get 12-13 out of it. it also has has its 7500mile service just recently. Odo reads 8124.

·
Registered
188 Posts
DTC is a combination of hardware, an additional module, and ecu. From past posts it seems DTC is not something easy to add. Of you don't care for any of the S stuff then you can potentially talk someone down into the high 10s I bet!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DTC is a combination of hardware, an additional module, and ecu. From past posts it seems DTC is not something easy to add. Of you don't care for any of the S stuff then you can potentially talk someone down into the high 10s I bet!

I am including TTL. You are saying high 10's with TTL?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If its from a dealer that isn't bad for being plated. Sucks you have to pay tax on that. Everywhere you do, I know, but there is some level of flexibility when going private party

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'd say "decent" given the mileage. That's without seeing the bike, either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike is in mint condition. I've looked it over, not even a coloring of the exhaust yet. No tool marks or scrapes to be seen. It does fall in the recall for fueling issues and needs a new battery.

Thanks all for the informative replies, much appreciated.

·
Registered
713 Posts
2010 base SF should be selling between 10.5-11.5 IMO. However it depends on the market/area
I got mine for $10K (private sale) with 3Kmi and 100% stock. the bike was not in showroom condition but I didnt mind cleaning it up. Could I get a better deal? sure if I waited for it but the season is here and time flies - i'd rather be riding now then next year but it is my only bike. If I had another one in my stable I would wait for the best modded & priced bike as long as I wanted to...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts