Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost completed installing the Cycle Cat riser bars on my 06 749S but have one issue. The throttle cable routing (stock) causes the cable to become too tight when the bars are turned to the right which than revs the engine without turning the throttle!
I rerouted the cable behind the steering tube to loosen the slack on the cable however this creates a condition which prevents the throttle from operating smoothly.
Has anyone rerouted the throttle cable on their 749/999 for a similar reason and if so how and where did you run the cable?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
it won't be the throttle cable ,it's the fast idle cable that speeds up when turning the bars .as far as i've seen they all do it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kaos said:
it won't be the throttle cable ,it's the fast idle cable that speeds up when turning the bars .as far as i've seen they all do it
Dammit, I've been fussing with my throttle cable tension for two months trying to get it to stop doing that. I didn't even think of the fast idle cable. What's strange is that it didn't used to rev up when turned to the right and I'm not sure why it's now doing it. I'll have to look into the fast idle cable as I'm pretty certain it's NOT cause by the throttle cables.

·
Registered
38 Posts
kaos said:

That is the culprit. I found by fiddling w/ the idle cable, i could seat it in such a way that it won't pull when the bars are all the way over.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
it's now my start up procedure,fire up turn bars warm up .it only raises my rpm a few 100,and when riding you won't ever go full lock so it's not an issue to me .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.