Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all,

This is what is required by Ducati for a club to become "chartered".
1. create a website to provide info about the club.
2. club name
3. name & contact details for a club representative (president)
4. club address
5. forseen activities
6. number of members
7. name of a Ducati dealer involved with the club
8. club charter (reason for the club to exist)

Voting will start Monday August 24 for 48 hours, all day Monday & Tuesday.

Do you want our group to become a "chartered" club? YES or NO

Fred

·
Registered
58 Posts
further thoughts on vote for sactioned club

While I think we all agreed that we wanted to be an officially sanctioned club at the meeting. I don't think any of us were aware of these specific requirements.

I agree with Fred that it would be good to sort of "make it official" that this is or is not the direction we would like to move in.

There would be some obvious benefits from being an "officially sanctioned" club but it is clearly not necessary for us to be "official" in order for us to do what I think we would all like to do.

I think the only overall goals that matter to most of us are:
  • riding together
  • growing the group in size!
  • friendship/camaraderie
  • maybe technical help
Those are certainly possible whether we are a factory sanctioned club or not.

That said lets vote on "chartered" club vs independent club.

If chartered is the direction we choose to move in. Gary has already contacted DucUSA and we will need to use this forum to "officially" nominate and elect a president and we should move forward with that process as soon as possible. If we choose to not be "official" then things can progress at a somewhat more relaxed pace.

The regular maintenance and web hosting of an actual website will definitely require that we all pay dues.

Chris Cochran

·
Registered
307 Posts
I vote for charter

I vote yes. I feel its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Got new pilot power 2ct's mounted today.... Again. I love the feel of new tires. Its like having a new bike. With all the money i spent recently on it i could have bought a new bike. Hopefully these will last more than 3 months. Cycle Gear has 20% off all tires and $20 to install. front and rear tires installed was 364. Wheels must be off the bike. If you guys need tools I have a 1/2" socket set from 19mm to 50mm. It took me 5 min to remove both wheels and 10 min to reinstall. I know some of you were talking about how you didnt like your tires.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
requirements...

I vote YES.

If you cannot decide between YES or NO, then your vote does not count.

Make a decision. YES or NO.

Fred

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
club . . .

Goodbye. Do all this stuff yourselves.

Fred

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
The regular maintenance and web hosting of an actual website will definitely require that we all pay dues.
Then I've been paying dues all along! :p (for ducatistl.com)

And I posted this in the other thread, and obviously wasn't at the meeting, but why the new club at all? It seems to me that there is a lot of ground work already completed, and since Ernie resigned everyone can vote and do whatever is decided. Why the succession?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here. Like I stated in the other thread, lets not start over. we can make this work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fred=Ernie by Jeff Turner.

First of all Jeff Turner, I don't know who the hell you are, you have not been with DucSTL since it's inception..So, if you want to compare me to Fred or anyone else, have the balls to say something face to face. I hate these forums, they are for teenagers.. The nonsense you people have written here, don't you realize this is open to the whole world to read? I did not agree to using this forum site from the beginning, that is what our two websites are for, private discussion. This is no way to run any Club. Damn, The Hells Angels are more organized than this. Look up one of their websites.. This open forum does not meet the DOC requirements for a Club website, as it's freely open to anyone. A Club website and meetings are for conducting business between registered and accepted members of a DOC Club.. And None of you, could decide a consensus to do anything other than meet on Sunday for a ride. Again, that is not what makes a Club. So, with all of you guys throwing little fits, especially you Fred, which is what you do best when no one wants to do things your way, err, excuse me, didn't you say Fred you didn't want to be part of a registered Club? And you didn't want to hold any official office?? For 2 years you refused to take an active part and hold an office, and now as you are NOT a registered member, you have so much to say..... And are so eager to hold a vote to try and start a new charter.. Then when a few guys question why have a chartered club, meaning they don't understand the perks or what DOC is all about, you throw in the towel and have a hissy fit like usual. LOL.. How Funny.
So Let me say this AGAIN..One Last Time..
1- I began a CLUB where none existed in St. Louis and I BY MYSELF went through all of the mandates and issues that DOC requires to Charter a Club, the way DOC wants it done. Which is what all of you first year members that I met and recruited said you wanted.
I tried until I gave up, to explain what being a DOC was about. I have all of the paperwork, all of the rules, Bylaws, everything. I set-up a website and Chris Ryan set-up a better standalone website, per DOC Requirements... Then you all decided to take the easy way and use this forum, that the whole world can read your business and bickering, something I was dead set against, as we needed our own private website to communicate in private, which still exists.
Now, say as you may about me.. But you don't know me. I've had some bad illnesses this past year and I've been away from the scene, so things have floundered. I take my responsibility for that. But except for maybe 2 members and they know who they are, I kept my personal business to myself, as I don't count any of the rest of you friends, or real Ducatisti. Anyone can go buy a Ducati and ride one, but that doesn't make you Ducatisti. Many of you have no idea what I'm referring to, and that is what I mean. You might as well join Honda, you aren't real Ducatisti.
Then this Gary comes along and before I even meet the guy, he has these grandiose ideas to change the world. Hey, Go for it Gary. But, I've run into types like you before and well, enough disparaging remarks have been said on this page, my mistake was not meeting you and interviewing you first, because had I, I would not have invited you to join DucSTL. You're a big mouth, big action talker, who speaks before he knows the score. This isn't about money Gary, or who you know, it's a lifestyle. I've seen guys like you, buy Ferrari's and immediately they think they're Michael Schumacher, or that they know him because they bought the brand.
Everyone else, (that I know) is lost in the middle, not knowing what DOC can offer them and is torn between those who want to do what is right and those that want to do just what they want to do. Anyone else that Gary has all of a sudden brought in as members, who are these people? They aren't registered members of DucSTL and therefore, really should have no say in what has been going on. Decisions about the future, in my opinion, should be made by the original membership from 2008, and not the desires of the newcomers who have just tuned in. It's quite possible, we might not have even accepted any of these newcomers for membership, had we had our act together. The simple fact that Gary, takes it upon himself to go and get dealer sponsorship, at a dealer over 90 miles one way, from our club base, while I've been working on Carl Donnelson to work with us, and work with our Ducati Sales Rep. is ridiculous. Who of you is willing to ride 90 + miles each way to a dealer for a meeting or service? Good job Gary!
So, do I simply give up and turn the Club over to you now and then start another Club again? Or do you people who Now want to start a Club, go off on your own and see if DOC will Charter another St. Louis Club?
I find it funny, to sit on the side and watch you, like children running around trying to figure this all out, after I have already done all of the ground work and had everything in place. All you had to do, was listen to me and follow the rules. BUT- When Fred, made it simply about making this thing a Sunday 8am ride, because that is convenient for him, it ceased to become a Club. As you will soon see, DOC has rules to follow and a club is more than just going for a ride.
P.S. Fred, The reason I didn't make any of your Sunday 8am rides, like I told you I couldn't make them, is I have a commitment on Sunday mornings. Your reasoning to me, that it gets too hot for you to ride later in the day, I respected, although I thought it a lame excuse. Too bad you didn't have the courtesy to offer me the same respect when I told you time and again I can't make it then and asked you to time it later in the day, which you always refused..
So I say go for it. Get the right information from DOC. But, a lesson learned.. First sit down and learn about each of who you are. You will see as I have a great disparity in the people here and what they want and will do for a Club.
Like I said, you do not know what being Ducatisti means, and that fellas, is the trouble with this group of you trying to be a Club.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts