Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
I would post this in the forum specific to the model, you will get more knowledgeable answers there.

·
comrade moderator
27,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum...You have good taste in motorcycles!

Please fill out your location information in the "UserCP", and add your bikes to your Signature line...and enjoy the site!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Post on the Multistrada board and people will chime in. I always just make a spreadsheet and start inputting data for the model I am wanting from sold prices on Ebay and asking prices on CycleTrader. It can give you a good area to at least know what's stupid high and stupid low!

In terms of general Ducati ness, has the standard Termi upgrades which are always desired but probably don't add to the used bike value.

High value on CycleTrader is 21K for this fully kitted out monster 4000mi
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Ducati-MULTISTRADA-1200-S-PIKES-PEAK-5005352834

Low value is for this moderatly kitted out version 15K 5500mi
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Ducati-Multistrada-1200-Pikes-Peak-5005497514

So looks to me the one you posted your paying a super premium for it because it's new, and compared to the bikes above it's relativly optionless.

If I had 18K to spend, I'd buy that 15K version, and mod it up a bit. Both of the above bikes haven't even had their first real service yet, I belive that happens at 7500 miles and I think those run around 500 bucks? I wouldn't expect your valves to be out of adjustment at 7500 on a modern Ducati so perhaps you could even check them yourself and then its' easy to change oil, plugs, blah blah blah

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried creating this post on that forum. Something did not let me, i wonder if it is cause i am brand spanking new.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,252 Posts
Probably just timing. The system has to refresh and recognize new members. It's not instant.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK no worries...I can wait. My next question will be, should I create a new post or just link to this one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it was a rather epic post! Great info and gives me some negotiating room it seems on that bike. Going down to Scottsdale this weekend to test ride her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts