Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I would like to solve the lean fueling and all of the accompanying problems with the 796 -- chugging, rough low end throttle response, hot running, etc.

Part of me wants the Termignoni slip on because they sound and look great, but I want to make sure that the Termignoni ECU provides enough additional fuel to solve the lean mixture.

My other, or possibly additional, option would be the Power Commander, which looks like a fairly straightforward install.

I'm mostly a Philadelphia city rider, but rode to New York through Bucks County and rural New Jersey over the weekend. It was great to tour on the Hyper a little bit.

Thanks for your input.

Pat

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Cheapest solution with amazing results would be a ecu reflash from redline performance and a 14tooth front sprocket . $400 including labor on sprocket or $350 with you doing sprocket . Hands down a huge improvement !!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
to be honest i do miss my 15 tooth sprocket. i just feel like the bike has less legs per gear. i have to be shifting often. the slow speed chugging did improve a tiny bit. i can't imagine you guys complaining so much though because the traffic congestion we have here is a ton more than what you guys have there.

·
135 Posts
I had my rev limiter increased to 9000rpm from 8500 when Redline did the re-flash. Much happier with the bike. I have the 14 tooth on as well. The re-flash allowed me to get rid of the 02 sensors and my PCV!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have seen a few posts where people kept in place the 15 tooth front sprocket and elected to outfit a different size rear sprocket, in order to accomplish a similiar effect with going the 14 tooth front sprocket route.

However, not much is written on outcomes (rear sprocket sizes) and what the overall best configuration is... Can anybody chime in here and relay additional data/experiences with the rear sprocket size change?

Thanks Much!

G

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have seen a few posts where people kept in place the 15 tooth front sprocket and elected to outfit a different size rear sprocket, in order to accomplish a similiar effect with going the 14 tooth front sprocket route.

However, not much is written on outcomes (rear sprocket sizes) and what the overall best configuration is... Can anybody chime in here and relay additional data/experiences with the rear sprocket size change?

Thanks Much!

G
Try this. You'll have to input the values for a 796 since they have different gear ratios and final drives. Ducati has the info on their site.

Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would say if your going on long rides keep the 15 for scooting around Philly the 14 tooth.
PM me on your next Bucks County ride .If you get a PCV make sure it has a 02 optimizer,it only works above 5000 rpm other wise.
The Termignoni is a expensive way to cure a lean condition.
Best bet is to read up around here,there are hundreds of old post with good info.
ride-on
Bob

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have a brand new optimizer I'm not using . It works as stand alone unit aside from power commander so u don't need pcv. The optimizer cleans up the low end chugging by manipulating the signal sent from o2's and richens out mixture. Pm me if interested .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts