Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ducati Designs
1,107 Posts
I'm pretty sure it does not come apart without trashing the ring. When I had to repair a tach/speedo lens, I made a circuferential cut around the plastic case about 1" down from the ring and epoxied the cut off top to a cut off botom from another instrument. Not pretty.

pg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tach lens

I did this to replace the internals on the tach to make it compatable with my '95 916. Take a Dremel and cut the white part just inside the black ring. Go slow and only try to cut the white part, not the black. The lens will come off. You can then epoxy it back in place. I have a few thousand miles on mine with no problems.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I second the recommendation for PAS. They do good work. But they will prolly tell you that if they have to break the bezel to replace the glass, they will replace it with a comparable one (at least that's what I was told about an old 70's smith's tach on my GT).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.