Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I'm about to replace the rear brake pads on my 2006 ST3S. I'm reasonably competent mechanically. However, any tips you have are welcome. My questions: What is the recommended torque for the bolts that hold the caliper to the swing arm? Can the pads be replaced without removing the solid metal brake line...it seems possible if i undo the clamps upstream from the caliper? All the other stuff I'm familiar with.
Thanks in advance,
Patrick

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,296 Posts
IIRC, all you have to do is pull the pin securing the pads and pull them out. No unbolting anything.

·
Mr Leakered
8,893 Posts
I don't believe that is correct. On my ST4, the pads load from the bottom (inside) of the caliper. I believe the calipers are the same. So, you do need to take it off. Tap out the pin first.

This is a good time to clean the pistons and bleed the brake.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All,
I'm about to replace the rear brake pads on my 2006 ST3S. I'm reasonably competent mechanically. However, any tips you have are welcome. My questions: What is the recommended torque for the bolts that hold the caliper to the swing arm? Can the pads be replaced without removing the solid metal brake line...it seems possible if i undo the clamps upstream from the caliper? All the other stuff I'm familiar with.
Thanks in advance,
Patrick
Please ignore my questions above...I now have the shop manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts