Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a chain for my 03 999. I have been looking online and the slection seems pretty large. I am confused with the length and type of chain. Does anyone know what type of chain i need for stock gearing. I have looked at companies such as regina and rk? does anyone know what chain I am supposed to look at specifically?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I need to order a chain for my 03 999. I have been looking online and the slection seems pretty large. I am confused with the length and type of chain. Does anyone know what type of chain i need for stock gearing. I have looked at companies such as regina and rk? does anyone know what chain I am supposed to look at specifically?
OE chain is DID VM series #525, 96 links IIRC. For longevity, I'd recommend DID ZVM2 #525. I've never used Regina, but I have used RK XSO with no problems, and suprisingly good wear for a relatively inexpensive chain

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Both of my Ducs have Regina chains. 137 ZRP on 749, 135 GPZ on 900. My dirt bikes all have DID sold under Renthal name. Either is good as long as you get an upper level chain. I have an RK Diamond (anyone remember those) on my 400SS.

http://www.reginachain.it/eng/index.asp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts