Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi good people out there in Ducati world ,i know this questions been asked how many times before ,,,
i can aquire a good 916 with out a starter motor or stator ,,,and would like to know what i would need to fit it to my 95 748 .my 748 is fine but its always handy to have a spare motor lying around ...i do belive the wiring is different on the earlier models Alternator etc. stator ? not to sure off,,i did recall a site which gave a good run down on how to go about doing the mod but i cant recall who it was,, any help would be great ,,,,cheers jfbw::)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
1995?....I thought the 748 didn't come out until 1997.

For swapping, the biggies are to make sure that the charging system is the same (single-phase or three-phase), you will need a 916 eprom, 916 throttlebodies, and you may have to watch out for 10mm vs 12mm engine bolts (but I think all 916s were the earlier 10 mm bolts). I'm sure someone should come along who probably knows more about swapping the two than I do, though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Straight swap. It's the 996 engine that has 12mm engine mounts. The TB's, charging system and ECU will all work fine. Alternator phases changed in '99 from memory.The 748 eprom provides a different timing advance which improves the 916 midrange no end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts