Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Replacement sprocket ST3

2407 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  L2Bike
I have seen a number of posts advocating going to a 42 tooth sprocket on the rear. If I do this, do I need to change the chain as well? Pros and cons of this mod? Any recommendations on the best source for a replacement sprocket?chain?
Thanks, Jack.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Still needs a life.
12,515 Posts
oldguy said:
I have seen a number of posts advocating going to a 42 tooth sprocket on the rear. If I do this, do I need to change the chain as well? Pros and cons of this mod? Any recommendations on the best source for a replacement sprocket?chain?
Thanks, Jack.
Most of the recommendations regarding a 42T rear sprocket are for the ST4s, which comes with a 38T OEM rear sprocket. I don't know the size of the ST3 OEM sprocket or which size suits it best.
I have read that you should change both sprockets and the chain at the same time. If you are happy with the performance of your bike right now, I would wait until you need a new chain before experimenting with a new sprocket combination.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.