Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Replacement sprocket ST3

2407 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  L2Bike
I have seen a number of posts advocating going to a 42 tooth sprocket on the rear. If I do this, do I need to change the chain as well? Pros and cons of this mod? Any recommendations on the best source for a replacement sprocket?chain?
Thanks, Jack.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,681 Posts
FatguyRacer said:
Good thread. I was wondering why i'm going so fast in 6 at 5000 rpm and i see that i have a 15/40 setup. Kinda crazy realitive to the Monster. I seem to never get out of 3rd gear on secondary roads. According to the gear calculator, theoretically i can top out a 167 mph. Yahoo!
Yep. For mine I originally (obviously) had the 15/38 factory gearing with the 525 pitch chain. I went 14/40 and kept the factory 525 pitch chain as it was in really good shape. Now 5000 rpm gets me 84 mph on the speedo in 6th gear. I can actually use 6th now on the highway below 90 mph...hurray! No, I don't have any swingarm issues with the reduced count on the countershaft sprocket. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.