Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there who can recommend the best seat for Multi? I can only endure about an hour with the stock one on my 2011 model.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've tried a few on my '14. I have the stocker, which isn't bad, but has it's limits on rides longer than a few hours. I did have the Sargent seats, front and rear. The rider seat felt good and I've had many Sargents, all an improvement. My wife didn't really care for the rear Sargent and what bothered me the most, was how far the passenger seat protrudes into the front seating area. I lost all room to move forward or aft in the seat. So I sold those.

I also have the Ducati accessory touring seat for the driver. I like it much better for long rides, especially if I add the "Bead Rider" to it. I've found in all my longer rides, if I can add some air flow between my ass and the seat, the longer I can stay in the saddle.

I have not tried the Corbin, but all the other Corbin's I've tried, I just do not like them. Your mileage may vary.

The Saddleman ones intrigue me, but I am not about to shell out the $550+ just to try them. The cruise guys like their Saddleman seats, but I haven't heard a whole bunch on street/sport/adventure bikes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not sure if it's available for a '11 model, but I love my Sargent, had one on my BMW S1000R and had to get one made for my DVT Multi.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Ducati performance seat on my 2011. Pretty sizable difference from stock, especially for the pillion. The only thing I did not like about it is it's ever so slightly lower in the stock seat. If I'm putting up big miles over a week or so, I'll throw the air hawk cushions on for the both of us and that's really what enables us to still sit down the next day!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I have a 2011 MTS 1200 and for me the stock seat was pure torture after 150-200 miles. I tried a seat off a 2013 Pikes Peak and it wasn’t much of an improvement, even with an Airhawk. I purchased a Sargent seat and it was great for me, I was ready to sell the bike until I put the Sargent on it.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I would suggest getting a good shop and use your base and build you one on your own specs, the one that works for A may not work for B.
I tried sargent, corbins on different bikes and on one bike was good and on another sucked. I had a corbin on a monster s4rs and was like riding a 2x6.
The price will be the same if not cheaper and they'll build you a seat you're sure to be happy with.
$.02!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have the Sargent front and rear. Love them both. My passenger is now comfortable on long day trips (4+ hours in the saddle) and speaks highly of the new seat.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I was a big fan of the DP comfort/touring seat on my 2011. They were reasonably priced and provided all day comfort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input!! Ride Safe!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just ordered a DP/Touratech Comfort Seat from Ebay (got it for $260). Will report back after it gets here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Sargent's. very comfortable, but just a tad on the hard side. I do not recommend a Corbin at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a Sargent front w/ heat and rear. I have been happy with the front. The misses is getting on this weekend, so I'll know better about the rear.

I can say the Sargent rear covering installation is not for the faint of heart. I tried and failed. I think it takes 3 ppl. I took it to a body shop and they hooked me up but it was dear.
But I would do it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the corbin on my 1260s and really like it. The seat pan is quite heavy compared to stock though, which is a turnoff for most people.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Anyone know the differences among the '10-'14 Ducati options? There's obviously stock, I believe a Ducati Performance version, as well. The GT came with what they called a 'rider comfort seat' or 'extra comfort seat'. Don't know if the PP has a different seat, either. Apparently the seat was changed for MY 2012 to "allow more movement".

DNA shows a 'comfort seat' and a 'comfort rider seat' for the MTS. Can't tell the difference or even what years they fit.

Pretty confusing.

I'd like to try something different, but it's an expensive gamble. I swapped the stocker on my ST2 for a Sargent and was not blown away by any means, as least not $250 worth of mind blowing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Initial Impressions: My DP/Touratech seat came in today. Went for a 90 minute ride.

1 - It doesn't feel any higher than the stock seat. I had to have the stock seat set to low in the rear, and high in the front to keep my nuts off the tank and pressure off my tailbone.

2 - It's definitely softer. Just picking it up out of the box I could feel a major difference. Not SOFT, per se, but with some kind of multi-density foam under the cover.

3 - It's dished a bit in the rear, doesn't push my nuts into the tank. I wasn't fighting it stay back in the seat.

4 - After a 90 minutes, I wasn't feeling pressure on my tailbone (broke it 28 years ago, doesn't tolerate pressure). That was what killed my with the stock seat.

5 - It definitely feels like it's spreading the weight out and not generating pressure points like the stock seat.

Will take it for a longer ride and report back. Between my tailbone and hip, I'm pretty demanding on seats.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I've owned a few Ducati's, amongst a hundred or more bikes over the years. Without doubt, the best of all time was the DP gel seat on my 2007 ST3.
I think a fair and reasonable question to a company that SUPPOSEDLY sells premium quality motorcycles ,,,,, Why is it neccessary to separately purchase a "COMFORT SEAT" ?
Can you imagine the salesman at a dealership for premium cars like BMW, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes etc etc,,, asking the buyer of a top end luxury car if they'd like to spend a further $5,000 to have "Comfort seats" fitted as optional extras ?????? I think not.
So FFS why does Ducati insult the intelligence of its clients by fitting such dreadful seats to their "Flagship Tourer" ??????
I've had my 1200S seat (front and rear) sculpted, layed with different grades of memory foam, and $250 later they are still ordinary.
So $300.00 worth of "Air Hawks" later, we now get tolerable seating.
My wife has a Can-Am Spyder, and I've got to tell you,,,,, it's "Club Lounge LUXURY" compared to the Multistrada.

Ducati ,,,,,, LIFT YOUR GAME

How had can it be to reproduce the DP gel seat from the ST3, into a profile to fit the Multi ?
And while you're at it ,,,, why make it an Optional extra ???? ,,,, Fit the bloody thing as STANDARD EQUIPMENT ! ! !
It's not rocket science.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts