Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there making replacement fairing pieces for our ST's?

It seems, from my searching, that the most common fairing part to get damaged is the lower right fairing. Mine was damaged and repaired (badly) by a PO. I would like to replace it, but finding hem is next to impossible. The few I have come across on ebay nearly cost more than the bike. I also own a '78 Honda and I know three or our places where I can get reproduction panels for that, but nothing for the ST.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wow, they are comprehensive. I particularly liked the older Triumph stuff. Unfortunately, no Duc ST parts. S

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my hopes were up for a bit, too.

And I have seen those yellow lowers on ebay before. They've been there for a while actually. And at that price... Seems a bit for used panels, you know? And the ones that do come up are usually WAY overpriced as they are broken, cracked, or otherwise just as bad as mine.

·
Registered
845 Posts
They do say, "With over 7000 molds chances are we can make you what you need." Might be worth a call or email.

I hear you on the plastics. Pretty ridiculous prices out there. But.... the yellow ones do have best offer option.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
I am pretty sure this is the brand I have on the 916 for the side panels. They are well made and fit very good, but need a lot of paint prep. Whoever did the panels on my bike didn't do much prep and they are a little wavy. They are fiberglass, not plastic.

The problem we are going to have with ST fairings is most aftermarket makers, like the one linked, are going to produce track fairings. I'd say the majority of aftermarket fiberglass stuff is pretty much for that purpose. Many use them on the street too, but with the track oriented use in mind it's easy to imagine we will never see full panels produced for bikes like the ST. You can go to any of the producers and still find stuff for 851, 888, 916 and up. Sometimes you'll come across the odd belly pan or fly screen for something like a Monster.

Your only choices are OEM new, used or repair what you have. Also it's important to point out that should you come across an OEM part in good shape for a good price in your color, you have just about a zero chance it will be a perfect match. Close, but if you're picky, you won't be happy! My ST4s has all original OEM panels. The lower on the right side is a different shade of gray compared to the rest of the bike. That's the Ducati character you hear so much about on display!

Reactions: Dukerdr

·
Registered
132 Posts
The panel you are looking for is 1,100 dollars from the dealer. Go ahead and ask me how I know.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The panel you are looking for is 1,100 dollars from the dealer. Go ahead and ask me how I know.
:surprise::surprise::surprise:

Those cracks don't really look too bad, I guess... :grin2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’m still looking over eBay and craigslist. Maybe one day I’ll run across a mid and lower fairing in yellow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have bought from this outfit a number of times over the past three years and they are great. The pricing is friendly. The service is very attentive. The total time from request to receiving product was like one day plus whatever time for whatever shipping type you choose. Nick is the guy who has helped me and I've been well served.
At one point I received a part that was for an earlier version of my ST2 - and when I texted the issue Nick sent me the part for my bikes year immediatetly without hassling about getting the one he shipped back first.

I had some surprising success with repairing a few of my biffed fairings using products such as QBond and another I can't recall the name of but these products use a powder that, when combined with a super glue liquid instantly form new and very very strong plastic to fill scratches, to patch missing segments, and even to recreate whole pieces when utilizing special molding material. You put this molding stuff in hot water and then press it to the part you want to recreate, then pour in the powder and liquid and voila you've got it ready and strong as hell. You then can sand it, prime it, paint it and clearcoat it to undecipherable perfection. If you've got the patience for all that!!

I did fix quite a bit but there were some parts that were just beyond my skills to fix.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry guys been busy, I got very lucky and found an older gentleman that was no longer riding and was able to get all new fairing from him. His bike feel over years ago so when he repaired it, he just ordered 2 of each panel. I’m glad he did that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts