Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting about time to replace my chain and sprockets. With so many choices...rk,did I am looking for some direction along with some info. And the numers for chain wear index. What is acceptable for the 1200cc engine?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just ordered that same kit with new cush drive. DID ZVMX gold 1499 cc rated super heavy duty 530 chain (won't rust!) and Superlite sprox front and back (along with new lock washer for front sprocket, which the service guide says to replace with a new one each time the front sprocket is changed out).

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is getting about time to replace my chain and sprockets. With so many choices...rk,did I am looking for some direction along with some info. And the numers for chain wear index. What is acceptable for the 1200cc engine?
Try Latest 3D EK chain from Japan with Black outer plate & Gold inner plate colour combination , Also looks good ,
It's Lighter in weight & Has better tensile strength ,I had purchased one & posted the weight as well ( what I purchased is 525 pitch )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try Latest 3D EK chain from Japan with Black outer plate & Gold inner plate colour combination , Also looks good ,
It's Lighter in weight & Has better tensile strength ,I had purchased one & posted the weight as well ( what I purchased is 525 pitch )
I like that chain. How is the 525 working out? Did you need the special EK rivet tool or will a generic one work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts