Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After dropping my Monster 900 on it's side the other week(not much damage, but snapped the stock brake lever), I installed a new set of levers I bought from monsterparts.com for ~$30. Everything seemed straight forward with the install, but now ever now and then the brake lever gets stuck in and the wheel locks up. Luckily, it doesn't lock up at speed, but after I come to a complete stop.

The first time it happened I took off the lever and noticed that the little spring that contacts the rubber boot (lack of a better term) was stuck in the hole. I fixed it, reinstalled and was on my way. Then this morning it happened again, except the spring looked like normal. Thankfully some gardeners let me borrow the tools to reinstall the lever. It worked fine on the way home, but now I'm afraid to take the bike out.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? I'm not sure if it's the levers themselves or (I'd bet) the installer. I've attached a picture of the lever setup off the bike. Everything seems straight forward, but does something look wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I look at it more, I'm thinking the problem must be that the spring shouldn't be on the post, but should be inside of the rubber boot where it contacts the master cylinder. Now I just need to find out if I can get the spring back in there, or if I need a new Master Cylinder. What a headache.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts