Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
12,038 Posts
Hello and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome back to the party.

Now you can be miserable all over again, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks, I don’t doubt there will be hiccups along the road.
I was really just "effin" with you. I feel that Ducati's sweet spot for bike was mid 90's to mid 00's since the amount of computer crap was kept to a minimum and modern mfg techniques were used for the most part. Plus, the heads and the desmo gear were broken in at the factory - run in an oil bath before installation. Sure, there are some design issues but this site is great and so is your bike.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice Monster Disco. The early S4's are sweet. I like the analog bikes. No computer controlled everything so they are easier for guys like me to work on.

The motors in the S4/S4RS bikes are amazing. Mine was dead nuts reliable and had tons of power.

Good luck with it and enjoy !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the well wishes guys, I know you were just joking. I can’t wait to put some miles on this thing!

Thanks, I don’t doubt there will be hiccups along the road.
I was really just "effin" with you. I feel that Ducati's sweet spot for bike was mid 90's to mid 00's since the amount of computer crap was kept to a minimum and modern mfg techniques were used for the most part. Plus, the heads and the desmo gear were broken in at the factory - run in an oil bath before installation. Sure, there are some design issues but this site is great and so is your bike.
Nice Monster Disco. The early S4's are sweet. I like the analog bikes. No computer controlled everything so they are easier for guys like me to work on.

The motors in the S4/S4RS bikes are amazing. Mine was dead nuts reliable and had tons of power.

Good luck with it and enjoy !!

·
Registered
387 Posts
A friend of mine had one and, even though I am no suspension guru, I helped him set up the bike since it seemed very stiff when I test rode it. We softened it up quite a bit, set the chain sag etc and played with the front settings a lot. The bike responded with discernable differences in set up each time we test rode it. We wrote them down as we went and he picked the one he liked.

The point is that the bike seems to have a lot of adjustment available, unlike my MV AGO where you have three settings: hard, harder and hardest. As I found later, there is, however, a fourth setting: "unrideable"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts