Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a machined clutch side engine cover. It has a couple of blemishes/scratches near the oil filler hole and down by the window. Neither are a big deal, but I was thinking of stripping the paint and polishing, or just massage the scratches and maybe paint in a magnesium colour, fake, I know, but might look cool. Or open to your suggestions.
It will be installed on my 998S FE with a slipper clutch.

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think the magnesium covers look great.

Paul 03 ST4s, 15 675RX, 96 ZX11, 76 KZ900LTD B-1, 72 SL125

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would resist the urge to go faux. Ducati design and finish are the product of professional design. Ducati designers are some of the best in the industry. When you alter their designs you are implicitly saying, you're a better designer than them. Of course, on a racebike this might have been a vented mag cover where function reigns over form, but this isn't a racebike.

I know I'm not a world class designer, so I resist the temptation to undo what professionals have done. I would respect the original design by leaving the cover in the same color as the stock cover and resist the temptation to faux tart it. Faux tarting is most often the ruination of Ducatis in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts