Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm repacking a set of Paul Smart shotgun Termis and was wondering what length rivets to use. The drill holes are 3/16" inch (5mm). Is 1/8" inch grip length enough to grab everything?

Also, which is better: fiberglass or stainless steel muffler packing? Im leaning toward stainless.

Much appreciated :)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm repacking a set of Paul Smart shotgun Termis and was wondering what length rivets to use. The drill holes are 3/16" inch (5mm). Is 1/8" inch grip length enough to grab everything?

Also, which is better: fiberglass or stainless steel muffler packing? Im leaning toward stainless.

Much appreciated :)

Tmnstr

I just had the termis on my gt repacked after they were ceramic coated. I used the moose racing spec 30 packing pillows and for rivets I went stainless steel 3/16 x 1/4 inch. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1338910710.136016.jpg
The pillows are a lot less messier than the loose stuff.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was just thinking the same for the rivets 3/16"x1/4" SS.

Good to know about the pillows. I've been going through the list of wraps, loose packing, etc. and want something that won't blow of the tail pipe in the first few rides :)

BTW, the packing material in the Termi shotguns is loose fiber crap. Only covered about 4-5 inches by the end cap...open baffle pipe the rest of the way. For the money, you would think they would pack 'em with better stuff.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts