Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone repacked the Termi Carbon Exhaust canister yet? Where can I buy a packing kit? See some exhaust leaking where the canister meets the pipe assembly as well.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Unless you cut them open with a disc grinder etc you cannot get into them, mine also leak around the joints so I have siliconed them up and they are fine, Luigi missed nearly half the welding on mine.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
cool ... you got the racing version ... lighter weight :rolleyes:
Yeah ... don't tell anyone cos they will all want one :D

RTV works fine on the joints, when winter comes I will pull them and stainless weld them up nicely and finish the cans off, i.e. remove welding spatter etc .

Doon Quat D is beautifully finished next to the Termis!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah ... don't tell anyone cos they will all want one :D

RTV works fine on the joints, when winter comes I will pull them and stainless weld them up nicely and finish the cans off, i.e. remove welding spatter etc .

Doon Quat D is beautifully finished next to the Termis!
Hmmm, the same Termis you were trying to pawn off here...:think:
:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hmmm, the same Termis you were trying to pawn off here...:think:
:D:D:D
Yeap, ended up keeping them cos I set up at my luggage stuff around them so it wasn't a simple exhaust swap so it was gonna be a lot of work for a cosmetic change, the opened Termis sound mint too :D

Could have sold them a dozen times!!!

i can get rivets, packing, and new carbon sleeves if needed
Now there is an idea, these are full stainless with a Carbon end covers so there is an opportunity to make them very lite.

·
Registered
96 Posts
S owner

Greetings,

I bought the S in black with a few upgrades (full carbon termi kit, 14 tooth sprocket and the race seat) and in the process, I considered the standard and the S.

At the time I bought the bike, (October of 08) the best deals to be had were on the S as the economy was tanking and the typical dealer inventory required shedding higher priced models.

If you can swing the deal, I would think the best deal would still be an S for similar reasons. From my point of view, I will never be the rider to push the standard to the point of upgrading components out of necessity, but I went with what I considered to be the best value.

Best regards,

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts