Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Renting a bike for the Nurburgring ring?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jamesmorgan 
#1 ·
Im currently deployed to Iraq but will be getting R&R in conjunction with a flight simulator trip to Germany on the 16th of this month.. Ill have a few days on my own and would like to check out renting a bike (and associated gear) to ride around the nurburgring. Just looking for suggestions on the best way to do this.

Are there companies who cater to tourists that can make this happen??

#2 ·
I think car rentals are not allowed on the ring... but I don't recall any of the bike places ever mentioning that I couldn't ride the ring if I so chose (I've not read the fine print on the agreements though).

It might void any insurance you might buy (unless they sell it there specifically for riding on the ring). I always buy insurance when renting bikes in the EU to limit liability to 1k euros... I can't say it definitely does void insurance (after all... you can go wot on the Autobahn and that's more than a bit sketchy to do on a rental) but I'd not be surprised.

#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, as of right now I don't think ill be able to do it. The nurburgring is closed the week I'm there due to a 24 hr race, and I realized I won't have any of my gear (helmet, gloves, suit, boots) to ride with. Ill probably have to settle for visiting a ducati dealer and buying a t-shirt...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.