Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would piss about tonight in the garage whilst the bodywork is off & had a go at fitting the bars & mirrors provisionally . Was easy enough to do to swap the bits over.

1. Remove original mirrors
2. Remove left clutch lever
3. Remove right brake lever
4. Remove left switchgear
5. Remove right switch gear
6. Loosen & remove bolts from throttle
7. Undo & remove bar clamp
8. Lift off bar clamp & move bars to the left to slide off the throttle.
9. Get a dremal & grind off the tabs on the throttle & switchgear.
10 Refit in reverse order loosely so that things can be fine tuned later..

I then fitted the mirrors

1. Ditch the rizoma bolts (they dont fit)
2. Use original black bolts but use a thick washer as they are to long.
3. Right mirror is opposite thread to normal.

I was upset because the left mirror was wobbly & i had to prise it out with a scalpel & use double sided tape to refix it. Not good for an expensive Rizoma mirror. You can see the difference with stock.
I was also not impressed with that white writing shit. I expect the mirror to be BLACK ONLY when i ask for black. I have some carbon effect film so i have used that on the mirrors.
As for the FATBAR logo . I used T CUT to get most of it off & then used satin black paint to cover the rest

I will fine tune when the body work arrives.

Any others questions fire away

Attachments

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
The bits do look good Blackie... I was curious about the throttle side, does it just slide off once you loosen the bolts or is there some trick to it?
I will be diving into the bars sometime, winter is so long here... got a handle on the removal of the left side stuff, also if you have any input on the bar-end signal dealio (I know you don't have them but don't seem to be worried about DIY) I will have to sort that out too.
I dig the look of the new mirrors, that white printing is pretty bad... I imagine painting it out would be too hard also? I may look into these for mine also.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
the throttle side has a clam shell for the throttle/return cables, once you undo the bolts, you can get slack to unhook the cables from the throttle tube and slide it off easily. Just be aware of the hardware when you put it back together. I flipped my clamps so you cant see the mirror bolt holes, but they can come in contact with the tank if you are not careful with the angling of the handlebar.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clyde

As Bill says, you just undo the 2 8mm bolts that hold the throttle on & it comes off, if your careful nothing else will move & you can just put it back on once you have trimmed the ally clip on the throttle housing. I used a dremel with a round grinding bit in it.

As for the turn signals, personally i would drill a 10mm hole right in the middle of the bars on the underneath then use a draw wire to guide the turn cables thro this point, then route them behind the light & connect to the indicator cables.That way the bar will still have all its strength as that bit is a non stress point being in the safety of the clamps

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Wow - lots of stuff on that bike Blackie. I'm a big fan of mods and will post pics once the Motowheels exhaust is on. How do you remove the headlight? Is it the two bolts at the front between the forks? Could use your help on this one. thx

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes mate the 2 bolts at the bottom on each side, you dont need to fully undo just loosen & lift up. Oh & that big plug is a right git to undo

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes mate

I saw the other thread that you were included in which had the 814 listed. They looked like they were what i needed without too much change to the style of the bike.

I am going to fit the heated membranes next so will put up a thread. (its fuckin cold on the old pinkies over here now)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Mate they are the Rizomas. I have done a thread somewhere about install

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Yes mate

I saw the other thread that you were included in which had the 814 listed. They looked like they were what i needed without too much change to the style of the bike.

I am going to fit the heated membranes next so will put up a thread. (its fuckin cold on the old pinkies over here now)
Thanks blackie, keep up the good work and please post some pic's when she's all done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts