Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Remus single-can exhaust, I think it looks great!
and it's Proof that a full system can be designed for this bike :rolleyes:

* 2 into 1 complete system
* Titanium canister
* Stainless steel header with conical tubes
* Performance increase: 3.9 hp*

*without tune or reflash

Weight information (kg):

* OEM:
Muffler: 6.65
Header: 3.43
* REMUS:
Muffler: 1.96
Header: 3.23

Generic information:
The HexaCone is a new 5 sided canister. it is has a rich deep smooth tone without being too loud but provides maximum flow rate. Available in different configurations including titanium internals for optimal weight reduction. With it's unique shape, the HexaCone provides extra ground clearance and a head turning look.

* Ø: 135mm x 105 L: 400mm,
* Weight: from 1.5kg
* Version: Stainless steel, carbon fiber, titanium. Carbon fiber inlet and end cap.
* Removable baffle
* EEC approved*
* 1 year manufacturer warranty against material defects and fatigue cracking under normal use - and a lifetime warranty against repacking**

*valid with sound insert only
**Not valid for carbon fiber finishes

$2,066.00

·
Registered
358 Posts
The exhaust does look cool. :yeah: I do like the Ti version but probably would get the CF can. I wonder if the dyno numbers were obtained on that display bike with those runners...:think:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Those runners are like the ones shift-tech has on the project bike if I'm not mistaking, modified 1098 ones

·
Registered
66 Posts
but probably would get the CF can.
FYI, i emailed Remus on the CF can option for the SF. they say their SF exh. "only" comes in a Titanium can. they do not make it in CF, nor do they have any "current plans" to make it in CF. the ** CF notation they have in the SF section should not be there.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I am more used to the 2 can setup now. I think this gives the SF its own look that separates it from other bikes. IMO the low down 1 can look makes it to similar to a Brutale.

It looks far more Brutal (sorry) with the 2 pipe look i think..

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am more used to the 2 can setup now. I think this gives the SF its own look that separates it from other bikes. IMO the low down 1 can look makes it to similar to a Brutale.

It looks far more Brutal (sorry) with the 2 pipe look i think..
+1.

The single can makes it look cheap'n'nasty in a jap-bike kinda way.......

jdw

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hmmmm... I don't mind the single can look myself. I would also like the option for CF but the Ti isn't too bad and I did see on their site you can also get the 2 can model.
Will have to wait till spring or so for sure to get this one past Mrs.!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Taste can luckily differ - Would be boring if we would all like the same :)
I'm actually a fan of the Remus system and awaiting it's delivery.

LeoYellowMan already has the system mounted and sent me some pics - Thanks!
I like the clean looks - I have had CF cans on most of my Ducs in the past - so I'm actually happy to try something new.

·
Registered
536 Posts
did leoyellowman tell you something about the sound ?
remus delivers the full system without any db-killer/road permission.
it should be VERY loud...:D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I like the look of the stock exhaust the most, but it's nice to see a single-can system if the exhaust headers are going to be combined anyway. I like aesthetics to come from design, not design for purpose of aesthetics. Emissions valve aside, it's kinda silly to combine the two pipes then split them again for aesthetic reasons. It's like seeing a dual exhaust system on a inline 4-banger car. Maybe if I can get hold of a TIG welder, I'll try to whip up some independent headers to feed each exhaust can some time. That'd be a challenge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ALASKAS3 -
We'll see about the boot melting part - It loks like it will be tight but should be ok. The "spacer" should keep your boots off of the exhaust.

PETZI -
As for the sound - It won't be as "silent" as the standard cans - that's for sure. But the Termi slip-ons or the Termi full system are not exactly your "ride in the neighborhood at 4am" either - I'm not overly concerned with that here (I would be if I lived in Europe though). As soon as I have the system mounted I'll produce a sound clip and posted.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts