Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to successfully remove that awful Shell sticker on the clutch cover? I removed it from my S4R, and it left behind some kind of residue, almost like it had melted into the clearcoat. I tried goo gone, alchohol, etc but I couldn't get it to look right. There's only so much you can do without scuffing the clearcoat. Anyone have any luck with this?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Anyone know how to successfully remove that awful Shell sticker on the clutch cover? I removed it from my S4R, and it left behind some kind of residue, almost like it had melted into the clearcoat. I tried goo gone, alchohol, etc but I couldn't get it to look right. There's only so much you can do without scuffing the clearcoat. Anyone have any luck with this?
Brake cleaner

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
mine came off on its own, and I was very happy. But the dealer put a new one on there at the service. Can you believe it??

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
I take a hair dryer to the sticker to get it nice and warm. I peel it back slowly and evenly. Usually I can do it without leaving a residue, but if there's a little left over, just dab at it with the sticky part of the sticker and maybe follow it with a little WD40. I always try and remove the stickers when the bike is new and they're softer and more pliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts