Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 800 S2R and really would like to remove the CC. It has the full Termi package.

Is it as easy as changing the pipes and remapping?

Thanks for all responses, and sorry if this thread is a dupe.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I own a 2007 800 S2R and really would like to remove the CC. It has the full Termi package.

Is it as easy as changing the pipes and remapping?

Thanks for all responses, and sorry if this thread is a dupe.
I'm confused - the bike has the CC AND a full Termi? How is that possible? One negates the other!

Maybe you have slip-ons now? And you want to put a full system? Or the bike is now stock and you have a Full system and you want to know if this is an easy change? :confused:

:abduct:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I had it wrong?

In looking at the records the part number is DU 96449607B...

Not sure how to check what exactly that is?

The price on the records was 1393.34 EUROS.

Does that help?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have already on my 2007 800 S2R

From Ducati.com (http://www.ducati.com/shop/category.jsp?_DARGS=/shop/search/droplets/ddd_cat_accessory.jsp.1_A&_DAV=/shop/search/advsearch.jsp&catid=cat960130)

Description: Certified raised carbon side silencer kit - Carbon raised side silencer kit, homologated to current EU emissions standards. The silencers, which are joined to the catalytic converter, keep noise and atmospheric pollution below the level required by the motorcycle homologating standards. These silencers feature a stylish look and enhance engine sound, becoming slightly fuller and more powerful; the kit comes with a dedicated ECU and air filter that optimize performance and give a really fun ride.

I was wondering about removing the Catalytic Converter - what difference it would make and what else can be done as an add on?

Hopefully, that is clearer.

Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
698 Posts
OK - if you have (or are going to buy) Termi slip ons you can remove the CC and essentially have a full-system on your hands.

Fresco,QuadD and Sparks make a "mid-pipe" for your bike which eliminates the CC.

Here is one sold by MotoWheels for example.

If you went this route you will probably want to reflash the ECU to use the DP ECU for a full system map rather then the ECU just for slip ons. I believe the maps are different but I could be wrong.

Once that's done you should be set to go out for a ride in the country :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm wondering if removing the cat in France would be an emissons test nightmare. Up here in MA, no testing is required, how about over in France?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good info...

Removing the Cat in France would definitely be a risk - just thinking about when I go back to Arizona...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts