Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. IMO the stock setup in back looks really clunky and cheap. I saw this Youtube video of a SC. I would like to copy this. The LED around the rear cowl and and mounting the license plate near the battery box.

Any help with a website for parts, etc would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Try jcpakbikes.com ,the rear light is called a Fleda unit. Available in single and double row...with integrated blinkers or without.

BTW, if you have Sport1000 and want to get rid of the rear tail assembly (bracket, tail lights, turn signals), let me know :)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought my bike stock, and ended up putting the Fleda single row on the back and some Watsen indicators on the front. I did keep all my originals though in case I wanted to switch back for the traditional look again. I plan to own my bike a very long time and part of the attraction to me is being able to change to look every so often and never get bored with it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh yeah, just for the record, nothing is cheap! Welcome to the SC world.
Yep.....you gotta love it. No, I mean you really gotta LOVE it!!

6,048 Posts
The FLEDA IN THIS VIDEO is our older version
As you can see only the center is red and the outer is the turn
The FLEDA LEGACY is the one from TRON LEGACY where the whole array burns red for Running and brake.
http://youtu.be/QJBiWPuBgN4

Hi. IMO the stock setup in back looks really clunky and cheap. I saw this Youtube video of a SC. I would like to copy this. The LED around the rear cowl and and mounting the license plate near the battery box.

Ducati Sport Classic 1000 - YouTube

Any help with a website for parts, etc would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a student in my early 20s. So I'm going to have to save for this a little. In the meantime I saw this video. The very first comment of the video the OP talks about this being DIY. Just turned it upside down, etc. Does it look easy enough? The lights and rear cowl look much more streamlined.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you will have to switch the turn signal wires and drill 3 hole through the plastic tray cover fairing. But before you start drilling, you are going to want to remove the ECU and associated wiring so it is out of the way.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I'm a student in my early 20s. So I'm going to have to save for this a little.
Heh get used to it, pretty much every accessory you'll find for a Duc seems to be more expensive than you might expect if you're used to say massed produced stuff for Jap bikes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Greggers, this is my first bike. The opportunity just sort of fell in my lap. Sub $5,000 with 4xxx miles. I am keeping the bike mostly stock. Will probably only change the reservoirs, get the FLEDA, and probably get a Supertrapp exhaust. I wasn't familiar with these bikes. Again, I just sort of jumped on the deal because I loved the way it looked. I really wish I had looked around for a monoposto. But I'm happy either way. I figured with it being an Italian bike that things would probably be pricey. I read that this FLEDA unit is patented and pretty cool stuff being waterproof and all. So I am sure it is quality which is all I care about. I don't want to drop $400 on a piece of junk.

@almsquattro Thank you for the tips. I haven't done too much tinkering with the bike so I'm a little apprehensive. Honestly that electronics tray scares the sh#t out of me. Everything is taped and wire-tired all neatly. Can I just start moving/removing stuff? Last thing I want is to screw up the ECU.

I did download the huge service manual in PDF form awhile back. So I guess I will take a look at that as far as moving stuff safely and switching the turn signal wires.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm a student in my early 20s. So I'm going to have to save for this a little. In the meantime I saw this video. The very first comment of the video the OP talks about this being DIY. Just turned it upside down, etc. Does it look easy enough? The lights and rear cowl look much more streamlined.

You dont need to drill anything, this is a bolt on mod, I have it on mine.

Palatov Motorsport - Ducati Sport Classic Bracket

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most of, if not all, the wires have harness plugs that should easily unclip. Take a photo before unclipping each wire harness. You may need to cut a couple of zip ties. Get a pack of new zip ties from Lowe's (I'm not a fan of Home Depot); you'll feel better having replacement zip ties if you have to cut some. Just make sure you don't cut any wires and you will be okay.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I have both the Palatov / DP cars bracket and the Fleda. Both install in a few minutes (think 4 screws and two connectors for the Fleda, a bit more hardware with the Palatov bracket).

The Fleda however is waaaay brighter, more noticeable and much sleeker looking.

If you want to look more retro, get the bracket... If new age classic is your intent, save for the Fleda ... It transforms the bike. I keep the Palatov / DP around as the noose is tightening in my area for tail kits, and I'm sure I'm going to be told to remove the Fleda soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts