Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some instruction on removing the rearsets on my S4RS. Do the large nuts on each side (that are in line with the swing arm axis) need to be removed and if so are they 24mm or 25mm.
Thanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
Check out pages 106 and 131 of the parts manual from Ducati Omaha here.

It looks like the swingarm pivot is secured to the frame through the rearset brackets, partially through the "vibration damper" (part 2), but the rearsets float over that bolt. You should be able to pull both at once with no issue (if you need to) as the pivot is held in position by the pinch bolt on the left side of swingarm. I'm not sure I would though!

I just ran out to my garage and threw the calipers across the bolts on my S2R and they are 24mm.

Good luck. Hopefully my half-assed advice helped....

·
Registered
698 Posts
I need some instruction on removing the rearsets on my S4RS. Do the large nuts on each side (that are in line with the swing arm axis) need to be removed and if so are they 24mm or 25mm.
Thanks
Access the following FTP server to download the shop manual:

FTP Server: ftp.arenabalkan.com
FTP Username: [email protected]
Password: 123456

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys, I'll take a look at the manual.

My first impression before I started dismantling was as Crarrs said, the rearsets are floating over the swing-arm bolts. After removing everything with the exception of those bolts the rearsets seem to be held in place by them. I used a little muscle but they still will not free and I'm afraid to force them off if the bolts do need to be removed.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the deal on the removal of the rearsets. By the way, thanks for the links to the shop manuals, very cool.

It is still difficult to tell from the exploded view if the 24mm bolts need to be removed so I called the pros at European Cycle Services, Middletown, NY (shameless plug). Jay informed me that the 24mm bolts do indeed need to be removed to free the rearsets. Hope this helps some of you for future reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts