Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question, but anyway...

I have a 2007 800 S2R, and was thinking of removing the rear foot pegs since I only ride alone, but was a little concerned about whether it's not recommended due to exposing the pipes and possible leg burns.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Here's a pic of my moto...

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey monstrotx...

thanks for your response.

What sort of exhaust kit do you have on your bike?

I've been thinking of relocating to one on each side - high...

CH

·
Registered
43 Posts
All I did was take off the top portion of the exhaust, I am running just the bladder now. I think it sounds great like it is. I haven't noticed any loss of power or torque. I am either going to fabricate my own carbon fiber version of the termi shorty or create my own custom undertail exhaust. Haven't decided yet. You could also just get an exhaust shop to just make you some new tips.

I know that zard makes a system that puts one can on each side, which clears up the back wheel a bit. If you are running slip ons you might want to look into that, but I don't know if you'll be able to just get a zard midpipe and run your existing slip ons.

Are you running after market slip ons?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they're Termi's...

Yes, they're Termi's...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I have a 2007 800 S2R, and was thinking of removing the rear foot pegs since I only ride alone, but was a little concerned about whether it's not recommended due to exposing the pipes and possible leg burns.
no issues here. same situation-driver only. bike looks best with no foot pegs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you wanted to keep your termis, you would have to do a custom job. Or sell the termis and get a full zaed system. The possiblities are endless.:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm - custom sounds good, but

could I just use some regular Monster pipes, remove my CC and go high on the exhaust?

Not much chance that I can justify removing the Termi's - the sound is awesome...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Keeping the Termis

I can't argue with wanting to keep the termis. If you want to keep them I would say chop the tail, remove the stock bladder, and run a custom set up. That will let you keep the termis and run them up high. (Assuming you still want to go one on each side) You would have to come up with some way of mounting on the swingarm side but it could be done. Great sound with a sick custom look.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts