Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I am about to part out a 2003 999 to make it a perm. track bike. Any good references, instruction to remove the plastics successfully so I can ensure they are not scratched, etc. by trial and error? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Introduction...

Sorry - I was a little rude....just joined this forum....:)

Anyway - hello everyone! I am Scott from Baltimore, MD. I ride a 2003 999 (of which this thread is about) a 2004 800 SS track bike which is going to get sold soon, and a HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Scott

·
Registered
114 Posts
it's actually really easy. there are like 4 dzus fasteners on each side, and two allen head bolts on the bottom that keeps the two halves together. undo those two first, and then undo the duz fasteners. in the nose, the plastics are held into the bike by grommets, so you gotta give it a little tug.

its easier on a rear stand, because one of the left side dzus fasteners is behind the kickstand, so its got to be down to get to it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Place towels or a blanket underneath the bike while you are taking them off, in case they touch the ground (mine do), they won't scratch. Overall, pretty easy.

Have a place to store them in mind before you start.

·
Registered
857 Posts
the instructions are in the owners manual, also get the service manual from duc.nu(?) for $5. It's fairly simple... The left side one might be a little tricky with the kick stand in the way.. make sure you have a towel or something underneath it to avoid scratches.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Any trick for the front/headlight assembly? I was not sure if that was an integrated piece....

Anyway, thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts