Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good way of removing the Output Shaft Needle Bearing, the one that the Clutch Push Rod runs on?

I want to replace mine because the Push Rod was bent and I’m sure it’s not left the bearing in perfect shape, but the bearing is visibly ok and it is turning ok too. So for now I’m going to leave it and just pack it with plenty of grease, though I will change it in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
needle bearing

My 2 cents. If the needle bearing is not visibly bad i would not change it.If you want to change it you will need to get a small sharp chisel and collapse the outer cage. put the old. push rod in the shaft from the sprocket to prevent debris from getting into the the engine. Also you can use the push rod as a ramrod to push out the pieces.Sometimes in the process of chiseling the bearing you can distort it enough that the push rod will grab it and you can drive it out.It is a crappy job .that bearing can take some unbelieveable abuse if the shaft is just bent and there in not a huge grove in the shaft from the bearing i would lube it with a mixture of greese and moly lube and run it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bearing looks pretty much ok, so maybe I’ll just keep an eye on it and like you say, just grease it up really well.

Pulling the bearing out with a pick sounds like a good idea. I’ll try that when I need to change it. You could make up a pick with an end which you could tap to help pull it out.

Thanks for the replies and the advice!

·
Registered
483 Posts
The bearing looks pretty much ok, so maybe I’ll just keep an eye on it and like you say, just grease it up really well.

Pulling the bearing out with a pick sounds like a good idea. I’ll try that when I need to change it. You could make up a pick with an end which you could tap to help pull it out.

Thanks for the replies and the advice!
If the pick works then your all set some come out easy some do not.I have had many that were in tight and needed to be destroyed to extract

·
Registered
138 Posts
I drilled mine out with a 15/32 . No way i could remove mine with a pick.
I broke the cage apart but the sleeve was wedged in. A few turns with a slow cordless with a 15/32 drill bit pulled it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts