Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
I know someone did this, blackie??

How in the hell do you get those bolts on the passenger peg brackets that angle downward, one on each mount, without dismantling the world!! Even a cut down hex head won't do it.

Chris HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but how did you get to it? I've got a variety of hex heads, t-handles ratchets etc. but I've got a massive cable in the way that doesn't seem to want to move. DId you pull the tank?

Chris

I used a ratcheting wrench with a hex head insert.

·
Registered
412 Posts
pull the side cover off and loosen the tank. Cut all the tie wraps and pull the cable towards you for the top one. the two bottom ones, you have to pull the small cover with the four screws.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Here's how I did it, I had one of those tiny sockets that come with a little screwdriver socket, it just happened to be a 6 mm and it's about 1" long, than I used a 1/4" ratchet (or open wrench will work) and took it right out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the tips guys!!! I finally got them off, taking off all the parts as suggested.

Chris

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I just realized I suggested the same thing as 748vinny, sorry man!

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks all you guys. when i went to yank my SF passenger pegs, it quickly became apparent why it was posted that it's way harder to pull off the passenger pegs than it should be. my buddy has the tools you spoke of. and i'm gonna try a hex ball-end key on the left side bolt blocked by the shock just to see if it works.

you guys saved me a lot of time and aggravation. i'm so grateful. many, many thx guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stick with it as it's absolutely worth it, the bike looks loads better with the exhaust hanger and no pass. pegs!
Chris

thanks all you guys. when i went to yank my SF passenger pegs, it quickly became apparent why it was posted that it's way harder to pull off the passenger pegs than it should be. my buddy has the tools you spoke of. and i'm gonna try a hex ball-end key on the left side bolt blocked by the shock just to see if it works.

you guys saved me a lot of time and aggravation. i'm so grateful. many, many thx guys.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
sorry for the "spam" but some guys here like larosa-blackie and so many other that i just dont mention because i would need 10 pages with nicknames are SO helpful...you are something else guys thanks for your time and efford to help out everyone with a prob!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts