Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a HSB DP ECU reflash in my 03 ST4S which among other things, disables the immobilizer...a good thing! However, now the immobilizer light stays on while riding which is a bit annoying. It is not obvious how to get into the tach to remove the bulb. Are there wires that can be snipped or would that screw something else up? I have been using a piece of electrical tape to cover the light but would prefer a cleaner solution. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Only way to get in to the tach is to basically break it open. People have cut it around the bottom of the bezel and re-glued it. I haven't been in that part of the bike in a while, so not 100% sure, but I thought you could just unplug the connection for the LED at the rear of the tach. On bikes where that LED is for low oil pressure, there is simple a two pin connection right on the rear of the tach.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only way to get in to the tach is to basically break it open. People have cut it around the bottom of the bezel and re-glued it. I haven't been in that part of the bike in a while, so not 100% sure, but I thought you could just unplug the connection for the LED at the rear of the tach. On bikes where that LED is for low oil pressure, there is simple a two pin connection right on the rear of the tach.
Thanks! I see that connector that you describe. I wasn't sure if that went to LED so I will unplug it and give that a try.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I see that connector that you describe. I wasn't sure if that went to LED so I will unplug it and give that a try.
Rats! The one set of wires that had a connector did not in this disable the light for the immobilizer in my case. Thanks for the suggestion just the same.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I decided to save time and money re this same issue. Small piece of duct tape. Voila!! :smile2:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Another way is that if your IMMO is indeed disabled via a reflashed map, you can unplug AND remove the IMMO box. There are 2 connectors on the IMMO: One large one that includes the signal to the LED, and a small 2-wire. The 2-wire is for the antenna up near the key.

Just think of the weight savings to be had with the IMMO box removed !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another way is that if your IMMO is indeed disabled via a reflashed map, you can unplug AND remove the IMMO box. There are 2 connectors on the IMMO: One large one that includes the signal to the LED, and a small 2-wire. The 2-wire is for the antenna up near the key.

Just think of the weight savings to be had with the IMMO box removed !!!
Good point! I may just remove the IMMO as a matter of principle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts