Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made my own ball mount for a Ram X-Grip. Basically just like what DT offers but homemade. Looking at the parts fiche it appears one has to remove the top triple tree piece to get at it. Am I correct? Am I on the correct path? Anything specific I should know that otherwise will trip me up?

Thx for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,366 Posts
I think all you have to do is loosen the pinch bolts. That will allow you to remove the stem nut for you to modify. Remember, this is what is used to apply preload the the bearings. You will want to use the stem nut tool with a torque wrench to get the correct specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was at a dealer on Saturday for an event. Got a few minutes with their head tech. He says you have to pull the triple tree top which then means the forks have to be re-aligned to reassemble. I'll have the dealer do it when the bike goes in for inspection and fork seal replacement (and hopefully nothing else.)

Eventually, I'll learn how to do this (and more) as I go along. But doesn't sound like something I want to dig into currently.

FWIW, the nut has a threaded flange on the bottom which is larger O.D. than the body of the nut. It's pretty clear to me that the top piece (Ducati calls it a "Steering Head") I think you guys typically refer to it as the "Triple Tree." Or am I misunderstanding what the Triple Tree is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts