Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wires

If I were you I would not touc electronics regardless of being savy, but this bile has 4 comps any any deviation beside original may cause false warning on you dashboard. This is why you can not find it on google.
I would not mess around without Ducati service Comp. Good luck with your endeavour.
Cheers

QUOTE=ChrisE;4923409]So just got my 2015 and I need to run a couple of power leads from the battery to the handlebar area.

I have both seats off and I'm pretty mechanically savvy, but not having a chance to study all the various bodywork panels, I don't want to just start tugging and break tabs etc.

I'm sure the earlier models have similar attachment as the 2015 model, so can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions or videos.

I had a quick scan through the manual and I don't see any references in there.

I did a google search and pretty much came up empty.

Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
Just a note on 15-17 body work removal... the trickiest parts are the two small boomerang shaped side panels. Pretty much everything else is REALLY easy (just remove mounting hardware and they pop off)... but even after removing the 3 bolts, the side panels are held on by 3 tabs that engage with bits of the bike.

Getting them off is easiest if you carefully lever the panel away from the bike at the spot I have circled in the pic... you'll then be able to see the post that's engaged with the loop 3 in the pic and be able to lift the panel up until the loop clears the post. Then the panel will lift off easily. Remounting is even more fiddley but basically the reverse.

If anyone else has an easier way I'm all ears! Getting these things off and on was a huge pita until I figured this out (and I often felt like I was flexing the part too much doing it and that I'd break the damned thing).

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey ya'll, I separated the gas cap from the tank cover of my 2016 PP to do some work and I am having a hard time mounting it back. I believe rubber gasket goes first, but can't fit the cap thru it. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
Hey ya'll, I separated the gas cap from the tank cover of my 2016 PP to do some work and I am having a hard time mounting it back. I believe rubber gasket goes first, but can't fit the cap thru it. Any suggestions?
Notice that the tank cover has a little nub that aligns the gasket angle because the gasket also has a nub... mount the gasket on the tank cover making sure that it's properly aligned. Then slide the tank cover carefully over the tank until the gasket is over the cap. Finally... carefully lower the tank cover so the gasket slides onto the cap without getting popped off of the tank cover. When you get close you may need to carefully wiggle the tank cover (if the gas cap was a clock you'd be rotating the tank cover by a minute or two each way until it fully seats).

I've not needed it... but if you used something to lube the gasket (I dunno... petrolium jelly?) it would probably seat easier.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Notice that the tank cover has a little nub that aligns the gasket angle because the gasket also has a nub... mount the gasket on the tank cover making sure that it's properly aligned. Then slide the tank cover carefully over the tank until the gasket is over the cap. Finally... carefully lower the tank cover so the gasket slides onto the cap without getting popped off of the tank cover. When you get close you may need to carefully wiggle the tank cover (if the gas cap was a clock you'd be rotating the tank cover by a minute or two each way until it fully seats).

I've not needed it... but if you used something to lube the gasket (I dunno... petrolium jelly?) it would probably seat easier.
So the gas cap need to be on the gas tank first, then the cover its fitted over it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
So the gas cap need to be on the gas tank first, then the cover its fitted over it?

That's how I do it... it's worked well the 4 or 5 times I've pulled off the cover. Initially I'd remove the cover by unscrewing the gas cap and then popping it out of the tank cover once it's off... but I don't like how that could drop crap into the tank so now I leave the gas cap screwed down if possible. Reinstalling the cap is a LOT easier when you do it first then mount the cover - the only trick is figuring out how to manage the gasket (gasket onto cap then cover down or gasket onto cover then gasket and cover down).

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's how I do it... it's worked well the 4 or 5 times I've pulled off the cover. Initially I'd remove the cover by unscrewing the gas cap and then popping it out of the tank cover once it's off... but I don't like how that could drop crap into the tank so now I leave the gas cap screwed down if possible. Reinstalling the cap is a LOT easier when you do it first then mount the cover - the only trick is figuring out how to manage the gasket (gasket onto cap then cover down or gasket onto cover then gasket and cover down).
Ok, tnx I'll try and will take pics.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok, tnx I'll try and will take pics.

I followed your advice, mounted the gas cap first, on the gas tank, and it worked flawlessly. "Easy as Sunday morning". Got excited and forgot to take photos, proceeded to install the rest of the bodywork. Here she is on all her splendor! Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
2017 up multistrada bodywork reassembly. reverse it for removal.

sorry for the background noise and my excellent videography..

hope this helps with those new mts.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts