Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got my 2015 and I need to run a couple of power leads from the battery to the handlebar area.

I have both seats off and I'm pretty mechanically savvy, but not having a chance to study all the various bodywork panels, I don't want to just start tugging and break tabs etc.

I'm sure the earlier models have similar attachment as the 2015 model, so can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions or videos.

I had a quick scan through the manual and I don't see any references in there.

I did a google search and pretty much came up empty.

Much appreciated.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,315 Posts
Gonna be waiting for a response on this one. Bike barely came out last month. Good luck, hope its as easy as it is on my 12'.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,315 Posts
Carlo, do you have a write up to share for the 12 panel removal?
I dont really. But it wasnt too difficult. I just remember having to do this for my ECU removal. Start with the bottom white panels, then the beak, then the side fairings, and lastly the headlight fairing which I didnt need to remove. Took about 45 minutes.:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,174 Posts
On my 10, I undid the bottom on the sidepanels, then along the black border to the tank and top. The entire panel including beaks came off in one piece forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ChrisE,
after having removed the left black wind deflector in the from of the bike (with the DUCATI label), just 2 screws close to the emergency start button and then slide it gently toward the front of the bike,
you will easily have access to the GPS socket (exactly the same as in previous years models).
Hope this helps
Regards

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Save all the extra screws & washers you have left over when done....:rolleyes:

If you don't put them back where they came from as soon as you remove them....:think:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty much figured it out, I'll take some detailed pictures and post a little later.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Funny.. I found it and was looking at it while you posted.

Any way to play it backwards for removal? :grin2:

**Update**

ChrisE, what was missing from your video is how to begin the bodywork removal. I noticed there were four bolts that had to be undone somewhere in the vicinity of where the key would normally go. Where are those four bolts. Then I realized the small black center panel can be pulled up and removed to reveal the four bolts. That's how you start removing the front fairing.

Sorry the lighting is so bad but I wanted to do this before I got busy with the week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I certainly appreciate your posting this video. It enabled me to remove and replace the fairing on my 2015 S so I could route the wiring for a Garmin 590 GPS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
link for bodywork removal 2014

want to install gps lead, MAYBE airbox mod, etc.
need to get plastic off with insider tips and tricks.
i searched and searched.
found a couple dead links.
but need pics or tips on how to start.
thx guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
want to install gps lead, MAYBE airbox mod, etc.
need to get plastic off with insider tips and tricks.
i searched and searched.
found a couple dead links.
but need pics or tips on how to start.
thx guys.
Check this video, http://youtu.be/jaRqHOkuW_w
Not about gps but it shows how to remove the plastic.
Dont forget, under the beak is a rubber connection.
Pull the beak down to release it. And make sure you don't loose the rubber part.
And dont forget to unplug and replug the connector ;-)
Good luck !

Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can anyone explain how to disconnect the fuel line to remove the fuel cell on the 2015? It appears it's some combination of push and turn but I didn't want to force anything.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
So, the MS GT with the crash bar: does that need to come off to get to the lower bolt on the side panel?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you

Chris and Sfoster,

You both rock. Thanks so much for the videos as it saved me a bit of time. That top bit I would have been very afraid to lever that hard if I didn't know how it fit together! Only had to put one screw with a plastic washer in a ziplock with a post-it note saying "2016 Multi - right side - upper fairing" and I'll put that back on the next time I need to take it apart. :)

Wire up GPS and an extra Powerlet socket (I mounted on right side frame near my knee) to a Denali power block. Grabbed switched power to trigger the Denali block off the rear factory powerlet under the passenger seat.

Dave

1 - 20 of 31 Posts