Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had my 2010 796 HYP fitted with the 2-1-2 Termi's (slip-ons only), ECU and air filter cap by the dealer....obviously they sound awful with the db Killers in, I have pulled them out and it sounds mint of course (maybe even a little too loud?!), anyway I am assuming that the bike will adjust the fuel/air mixture accordingly and wont need a remap/tune with the db Killers out? My understanding is the ECU controls the fuel/air mixture based on feedback from the Lambda Sensors to some degree (what I have read, I am far from an expert on this stuff). I am also assuming that the degree/range to which the ECU is able to adjust the fuel/air ratio will be well within the extent of any changes brought on by removing the baffles?

Or to keep it short: Can I just pop the db killers in and out when I like without worrying about the impact on the engine

Thanks for any input!

·
Upright Racer
889 Posts
The ecu is designed to work with either the db killers in or out. If you want to leave them in to keep it a little quiet, just trim some of the insert off. I know others on here have done it and say it helps a lot with making it sound a lot better while keeping the noise down. Start off by trimming just a tad off of each insert from the end that goes in the muffler until you are happy with it. But you are fine as far as the ecu goes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You dont have to worry when take em out. My suggestion is take em out lay them on the gently on the ground and smash them with a hammer lol. The bike just sounds sooo good without them.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
You dont have to worry when take em out. My suggestion is take em out lay them on the gently on the ground and smash them with a hammer lol. The bike just sounds sooo good without them.
+1
I sent mine to someone on the forum that was worried about pissing off his neighbors. Everyone in town knows who I am and refer to me as the guy with all the motorcycles. I met an older gentleman in a local pub who told me all about myself, not knowing who I was. One can't obtain such a following being quite. Our one policeman always watches me coming and going, it's hilarious.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My 1100 seems to run smoother and stronger on the low end with the inserts in whereas it revs out better with the inserts sitting on my work bench in the garage. :D I love the sound but I tend to put the inserts in when riding around town since the bike launches from stop lights a little easier with the better low end. Some day I'll get the fueling all sorted out so I can have the best of both worlds. I think it still runs a bit lean even with the DP ECU. I still get the popping on decel (more so with the inserts out) and my plugs run a real light tan. I would say the ECU is mapped for running with the inserts although I think it's close enough to run either way. I get about 10-20 fewer miles from a tankful now with the DP ECU. I still love that sound though........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts