Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all. My company has decided to move me to Nashville this year. After 10 yrs they want me at the home office. So I will be leaving NH around June. Plans for a new home in Mt.Juliet are under way.

Actually the MTS is already there. It made the trip down this week.
I heard the Duc-Nashville is closed and a good source tells me that the local BMW guys will be picking up the Duc line.

How many middle TN Ducatis are really out there? Hints and tips for the area and roads appreciated. Drop a line if you wish. Hopefully see you out and about.
Ride safe.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Charlie- welcome the area. I'm in WNC but we ride in E tenn pretty regular and down into GA. There is some great riding in the Chatanooga/ Alabama/ Georgia area. I don't know much about the riding in Nashville but I think that we have a few members that are local to you.
I now that WNC is a bit of a haul but you could plan a weekend and we could show you some great roads in this area.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome

Hey Charlie,
Ping me when you get here. I live here and love it as does my family. GREAT riding all around us. And decent riding most of the year (this week being an exception).
I'm not a big "group guy" so I do most of my riding either solo, or with a choice few friends (not a brand-snob). I even rode my ST4s to the National HOG rally and hit the hills of E TN, NC and N GA while I was at it. That was a trip.
I attended a local Duc gathering early last year, but have been too b-z to schedule many more. I just ride when it's convienient.
I heard the same rumor as you from an insider, so it's just a matter of time.
Anyway, I live in Franklin. Give me a should when you want to get out...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Charlie,
Welcome to the area. I'm in Manchester, TN. About an hour SE of Nashville on I-24. There are some good rides around the Middle TN area. My favorite being Hwy.30 from McMinnville to Fall Creek Falls State Park.
There is a Duc. group that gets together once a month on the 3rd Tuesday at Nick & Jims, Charlotte Pike by the west Nashville Wal-Mart, exit 199 off the I-40 at 6:30pm. The February meeting is supposed to be at Bloodworth BMW(the new Ducati dealer). He'll have a grill with burgers and all the fixins.
I haven't made it to one the meetings but I hope I'll get there for that one. Again, welcome and hope to ride with you once it warms up again.

Doug Roorda
Manchester, TN
'03 M800Si.e.
'99 K1200LT

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike & Doug, thanks for the welcome.
I will be in town working next week. The bike is already there will have to unwrap and prep it. Check out my blog and you will see what I mean by unwrap.
Would like to squeeze in a short ride at least.
I saw the announcment on Bloodworth's site. This is good news I suppose huh! We are spoiled up here with access to Naults and BCM Ducati.

I too am mostly a solo rider but over the years I have connected and spent a few memorable over night and occasional weekday ride with NTSR (Northeast Triumph Sport Riders) I used to own a Sprint and I wasn't banished after going over to the darkside ;-) Great bunch of chaps and I will miss them. As we were so spread out it was an effort to get more than 5 in a group but that was fine we usually split into 2 or 3's and rode our our Pace then met at waypoints, etc.

Doug I now live in Manchester, NH or as the locals call it Manchvegas. What is really odd is that a city proclamation or whatever was passed about 5 yrs ago making Nashville a sister city (for what its worth) Do they call it Nashvegas?

Hope to connect soon w/you guys.

Ride safe

·
Registered
494 Posts
dartfrog said:
<snip>...or as the locals call it Manchvegas. What is really odd is that a city proclamation or whatever was passed about 5 yrs ago making Nashville a sister city (for what its worth) Do they call it Nashvegas?
<snip>
Ha! Indeed. We DO call it Nashvegas... Also "Cashville". But I'm not there much when on the scoot.
Give us a shout when you get yur head above water (so to speak).
Maye I'll see you guys at Bloodworth.
I'll be wearing my DutactiMS shirt if I make it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made a recon trip over to Bloodworth Motors last week.
Met a few chaps there. Very nice and modern looking dealership.
Personnally a big first impression feeling improvement over my view of the old Ducati Nashville place.

Forgot who I talked to but they seem eager to hear our input on Ducati owner ship, etc.
I hope they do well w/the Duc line. The product line and clientle will likely compliment each other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Charlie,
Welcome to Nashville! There is some good riding in the area, however it is well worth the ride to E Tenn for the roads over there. I'm from that area and would be glad to make some suggestions and/or get together for a ride. It's kind of ironic but I didn't get back into riding until after moving here, and now can't seem to find the time to get back east.
Also, there are a couple of local clubs you might be interested in, Moto Italia and Music City D.O.C.. The latter is the one mentioned above(Jim and Nick's). Moto Italia meets at Jackson's on 21st Ave the first Thursday of each month around 6:30.
Additionally, there is a new shop open for mechanical/service work. It's on 4th Ave and is named Corse Motorsports. The mechanic there is from the old Ducati Nashville shop. He's a good guy that I trust.
Welcome again,
Kevin

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll be moving to the Knoxville area in not too long. I'll buzz on over to Nashville to check it out sometime, and show off the MTS750.

Gabriel

·
Registered
12 Posts
QuiChenKane said:
I'll be moving to the Knoxville area in not too long. I'll buzz on over to Nashville to check it out sometime, and show off the MTS750.

Gabriel
Gabriel,
Color me jealous. I really miss E Tenn. I hope you like it and drop a line when you get situated or are coming to/through Nashville.

Kevin

·
Registered
65 Posts
Charlie,
Welcome. There are more Ducs in the Nashville area than you may have expected. Manchester, NH - nice town - great little airport! Kwayneh mentioned the 2 clubs that you'll want to check out. As far as the roads - some good roads in Mid-TN once you get outside of town a little. About 2+ dozen of us are planning the annual pilgrimage to the AMA Superbike race at Barber in B'ham next month. This year is particularly interesting because the Ducati Monster Challenge finals will be there, and if you haven't seen the Barber Museum - 900+ bikes (about 500 on display at one time) - tons of Italian bikes. Most everybody is staying at this one hotel about 10 miles down a twisty 2 lane road from the track. Look forward to seeing you at a club meeting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please clarify the club meeting(s) and locations. I just returned to NH yesterday and would like to schedule the next work week or two out there around these meeting dates.
The MTS is already there in BNA and last Sunday I was out poking around. Found Hwy 96 by some dam/lake over in Dekalb county.

I would love to go down to Barber this year but the fun bank is tied up until I close on the house. Had a meeting with the builder this past Wed. and yeah I spent more money.
I think its a Mizwell built home. "So Charlie you said you wanted the tile on the bathroom floor and around the tub?" Ok that sound great, will it cost more? "Yes"
Mizwell :eek:

·
Registered
494 Posts
There's one Tues night at Bloodworth BMW/Ductati. We're grillin out!
6:30...

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Stopped by the Italian Market today(12 Aug 06) (51st St No., near I-40) on way down from C'ville through Ashland City, then out to Charlotte, then Dover and back to C'ville. Nice time, great ride, had my sons with me. Seen dart frog's posts around and Mike from Franklin, maybe I'll bump into to you guys one of these days. One place that is a likely possibility is Corse Motorsports or now maybe the Italian Market, but only on weekends. As far NAshville and Ducati go, Alain Legerwood of Corse is an awesome mechanic and great guy. I wouldn't take mine anywhere esle. When I live in Savannah, GA I brought it to him for the service and for the DP termi perfomance kit (back when he used to work for Sonny Collier and then post Sonny when Kenny had Ducati Nashville before folding and giving up the dealership to B'worth). My higest ratings and recommendations of Alain as a Duc mechanic and good dude.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charlie,

I'm in Mt. Juliet and I have yet seen another Duc around! If you want we can meet up sometime. I usually only ride solo as it seems everyone else does too. I'm in desperate need of a good mechanic to work on my 748 as it seems to have a slight oil leak even though the level doesn't seem to change? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
baltz said:
Charlie,

I'm in Mt. Juliet and I have yet seen another Duc around! If you want we can meet up sometime. I usually only ride solo as it seems everyone else does too. I'm in desperate need of a good mechanic to work on my 748 as it seems to have a slight oil leak even though the level doesn't seem to change? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sweet! We have another! Is your 748 yellow? I think I saw you recently.
For a mechanic I recommend, http://www.corsemotorsports.com/
If you get the plastics off I can take a quick look for you also. The majority of my tools are not here yet. Packing up the NH home at month end.

We have two co-mingled groups here in middle TN. Moto Italia managed by a gentleman over in Franklin and MCDOC.

PM me your street and email addy and I can take you over to Corse and get you hooked up.
Your right about the solo rides but we can definetly arrange a small group for a days ride or destination ride etc.
Ride safe

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hey guys, I live in Knoxville, TN. just a short trip to "THE DRAGON". I am new to the Ducati world and have been completely smitten with my Sport 1000. I am always on the lookout for other riders, but it seems that only Japanese and Harleys are in area. Ya'll should look into a trip over here this spring.

Bishop-Buck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Bishop,
I ride over your direction at least 5-6 times a year. I'll be over the weekend of April 20-21 and also May 4-5. But, I may be on the BMW.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts