Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm looking for a little electrical advice please. I've installed LED indicators (turn signals) on my 998 and understand that I need to install an appropriate flasher relay.
I'm not very electrically minded, so please will someone recommend the appropriate plug and play relay I should search for to deal with this.
Many thanks in advance.
Spin

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi all.

I'm looking for a little electrical advice please. I've installed LED indicators (turn signals) on my 998 and understand that I need to install an appropriate flasher relay.
I'm not very electrically minded, so please will someone recommend the appropriate plug and play relay I should search for to deal with this.
Many thanks in advance.
Spin
Does the 998 run the same 2 pin flasher relay as the 996???

If it does , just go down to your auto store & buy the equivalent unit for led indicators ,, just purchase 1 of the many 12v 2 pin led flasher relays that are on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/202262757958

It’ll either work or it won’t :x

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Or you can add a load absorber to the led and they'll blink just fine with the flasher you already have

·
Registered
445 Posts
Or you can add a load absorber to the led and they'll blink just fine with the flasher you already have
True,
But 1, you have to add & mount them & 2, they generate heat
Much easier to simply change relays

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input folks. Unable to find a definitive "get this one" I've ordered a 2-pin generic relay and hope it will work. Very cheap, so no biggy if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Davy,

Thanks for the recommendation. Does your 998 have a 3-pin relay? Mine is a 2-pin. I thought all 998 would be the same?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts