Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks - 2002 998 Bip

There are 3 yellow wires that come out of the reg/rec, which lead to a block connector. The other side of the block connector has 3 yellow wires leaving the connector.

On my bike, this block connector caught fire and has melted away completely - spectacular, but not what you want on the way home on a Firday night.

I am going to replace the damaged wires and put in a replacement block connector.

The problem is I cannot identify which yellow wire (from the reg rec) should connect to which of the 3 yellow wires on the other side of the block connector.

Can anyone help me with this? Or does it not matter (any yellow wire to any yellow wire)?

I am an electrical moron, and would appreciate any advice.

Spin

BTW, once the wiring is sorted, I will set about establishing why it caught fire in the first place.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes, I will see your toasted connector and raise you 5:)

As stated in previous post, connect them to any of the other yellow, there is no difference.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies guys. That should do it.:)

I would be glad to post up a pic of my deceased connector, but the whole thing was completely destroyed in the conflagration. Just some bits of black melted ash stuck to the inside of the fairing, and the brass connectors hanging in mid air.:eek:

Spin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts